• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do UBER/Lyft cars offer car seats?

corgi_monster

DIS Veteran
My children will be 4 and 2 when we visit WDW and we would like to take an Uber/Lyft to rope drop HS. Is there a way to book a car that has two car seats? Or do I have to use a Minnie Van?

We had a wonderful Lyft driver and this topic came up, she said most parents bring their own or use the Minnie Van service. Vast majority of riders don't have kids so it doesn't make sense to have them, and puts more liability on them as drivers.

We once tried to pull up the Uber car seat option at pop. It did not work, or I’m just assuming there was no car around to pick us up with one. That said, we only needed one car seat. Sounds like Minnie van it is for y’all. Minnie vans are pricey but offer great service.

That page may be outdated, or the info may just be incorrect.

Uber still offers both X and XL vehicles in the Orlando market with ONE car seat. I just did this a few minutes ago. The prices are from Pop Century to one of the outlet malls.

They apparently also offer "Uber Pet," which I have never heard of!

In Dec 2019 we used Uber XL with car seat since there were 5 adults and our 2 yo grandson. In most cases they had a car seat and a booster style seat in the vehicle. Not sure you'd find one with two car seats. Thinking Minnie Van (if they have option for two car seat) or just the bus would be your best bet.

Legally, the 4-yo can be on a booster seat. If you think he/she is big enough, you can order a BubbleBum inflatable booster from Amazon @ $24 + shipping, and try to get an Uber with a car seat for the 2-yo.

Thank you for all the info. My 4yo is very small so I would prefer her in a car seat. Lugging two car seats around HS all day doesn't sound very appealing nor does taking a bus with two strollers and two kids. I will be the first to admit that I am a wimp and have a huge mental block about having to take everything out of the stroller, unbuckle the kids, hope they don't run under the bus while I'm folding the stroller, and then trying to carry the bags, stroller, and kids onto the bus . . . while my husband watches (lol j/k . . . sorta).

We'll be renting a car so I think we'll just drive to HS. Or walk since we'll be staying at BC. I can't stomach paying the Minnie van prices in this situation.

I think it's unacceptable that Disney doesn't open the skyliner in time for on-site guests to arrive at HS for rope drop. I have to wonder if this is intentional? Do they hope to lower the number of people trying to get a RotR BG by making it inconvenient for guests at skyliner resorts to arrive at HS before opening?

Fyi, I took a Mears taxi from the poly; the driver had 2 car seats and 2 boosters in his trunk, probably double the cost of uber though.

Thank you for all the info. My 4yo is very small so I would prefer her in a car seat. Lugging two car seats around HS all day doesn't sound very appealing nor does taking a bus with two strollers and two kids. I will be the first to admit that I am a wimp and have a huge mental block about having to take everything out of the stroller, unbuckle the kids, hope they don't run under the bus while I'm folding the stroller, and then trying to carry the bags, stroller, and kids onto the bus . . . while my husband watches (lol j/k . . . sorta).

We'll be renting a car so I think we'll just drive to HS. Or walk since we'll be staying at BC. I can't stomach paying the Minnie van prices in this situation.

I think it's unacceptable that Disney doesn't open the skyliner in time for on-site guests to arrive at HS for rope drop. I have to wonder if this is intentional? Do they hope to lower the number of people trying to get a RotR BG by making it inconvenient for guests at skyliner resorts to arrive at HS before opening?
from what I have read you would have to fold the double stroller with skyliner only single strollers can roll on

from what I have read you would have to fold the double stroller with skyliner only single strollers can roll on

Yes, the doubles have to be folded. We usually bring 2x umbrella strollers or a full size + super small stroller that can be stored in the full size stroller.

You’ll be OK on the bus. Thousands of families do it every day!

Thank you for the vote of confidence! I’m sure we could do it with no problem, but I just really dislike taking the bus. Even more than I dislike Lima beans, and I REALLY don’t like Lima beans 😂

Have you been following the ROTR threads? The way the Boarding Group process is set up, Guests need to be inside the park and logged onto their phones before park opening to have a good chance at riding it. Due to the huge crowds this is causing, the gates have been opening about an hour before the official park opening time. If you want to be near the front of the queue for another major attraction (SDD, for example), you will need to be at the park well before they open the gates.

Nobody knows for sure, but most are expecting the Boarding Group process to be in effect at least into summer. That's supported by the fact that all DHS EMH's have been moved to the evening until then.

As things are now, if you can handle the walk, that's the best option for getting to DHS super early from the Epcot resorts.

Have you been following the ROTR threads? The way the Boarding Group process is set up, Guests need to be inside the park and logged onto their phones before park opening to have a good chance at riding it. Due to the huge crowds this is causing, the gates have been opening about an hour before the official park opening time. If you want to be near the front of the queue for another major attraction (SDD, for example), you will need to be at the park well before they open the gates.

Nobody knows for sure, but most are expecting the Boarding Group process to be in effect at least into summer. That's supported by the fact that all DHS EMH's have been moved to the evening until then.

As things are now, if you can handle the walk, that's the best option for getting to DHS super early from the Epcot resorts.

I was following the thread a bit but haven't looked at it in a while. DH and I got to ride RotR in DL on opening weekend and . . . that ride is just WOW!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter