• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do They have to Fry and put So Much Cinnanmon Sugar on the Tonga Toast....

DonaldsGrl103

DIS Veteran
I love the tonga toast from Kona Cafe but sometimes it can be very greasy and so sugary- and I swear I heard someone say that they can grill it?? Is that true and if so is it any good? Any help would be appreciated:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I love Tonga Toast, but I must fast for three days before and 11 days after consuming such a heaping helping of cholesterol and lipids, haha. No, I'm sure it's not nocessary to use all that grease (one would hope that Disney chefs use vegetable oil). I'd also love to know if you can eat it grilled.

I read in a earlier post that you can get the Tonga Toast grilled. Someone else correct me if I am wrong.:teeth:

Hmmm . . . I requested vegan Tonga Toast once, and I don't recall it being too greasy. They still fried it, but I think it was pan fried, not deep fried. Is the regular Tonga Toast deep fried?

How would vegan differ from the regular. Really just looking for a healthier way to enjoy it.

How would vegan differ from the regular. Really just looking for a healthier way to enjoy it.
Well for one, depending on the oil they use the fry the tonga toast. It could be animal based. Also, I can't remember because it's been a while since I had Tonga Toast, but does it soak in an egg batter? Egg is a no no.

I don't think the oil is animal based. But I believe they usually use dairy and eggs, or maybe it's dairy and/or eggs. I don't quite remember, but dairy-free and egg-free is definitely healthier and should be lower in calories. Maybe they could also pan fry it with a tiny bit of oil or maybe they could do it without any oil in a non-stick pan just to toast it and heat it up. It's worth asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter