• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do they charge a change fee within the 45 days of your trip if upgrading resort?

jlk806

DanceDisneyGirl
We are 4 weeks out from our trip and I am considering upgrading our 2 rooms at POP to a 1bdrm villa at either BWV or OKW. Since I am "upgrading" from where I am and will obviously have to pay the difference to stay there, will they still charge me a change fee?

most likely not... it's been my experience that if you are upgrading and adding to a package they are more than willing to waive the change fees... but they do reserve the right to do so...
good luck and ENJOY!

Technically they have the right to, but usually they don't. Reports here on the boards are that if you are making a change that gives them more money they usually will waive the change fee.

I've done it before and they didn't charge me a penny to upgrade. I just made sure that I said, somewhere at the start of the conversation, something like "Surely you guys won't charge me for spending more money."

probably not but if you dont like the first answer call back and talk to someone else. I have a bouceback which we did from last September for our upcoming trip in August. I wanted to push up our trip by 4 days and the CM i talked to said it would be an additional $130 which to me did not sound right at all. I hung up and when asking the question about moving the dates the other CM knew exactly what i needed and put me through the bouceback department and there was no charge at all to do this, thank god i called back again.

I just booked yesterday and she specifically told me that you only pay a fee if you make a change that results in your total price going DOWN.

There is no charge if you are upgrading. I have done it almost every trip. If you are booked under a pin code, make sure you ask if there ae any rooms at that pin. If the pin is expired, the rep will have to call (i think it is called) the customer service desk and ask if they have any rooms available with that pin. I changed from a MK tower room at the CR to the BLT 1 bedroom and our pin had expired (meaning I had it, but it was no longer available to the general public). I kept calling and calling only to be told it wasn't available and when I finally thought to say I had booked under an expired pin and maybe she needed to call the CS desk, it was than that she did call them and I was upgraded at no charge. I hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter