Do these new UK cruises regulations shine a light on how DCL could look when wider operations commence

I have been wondering how many people with upcoming cruise credits would now choose to cancel.

again, proof of vaccination is a short term thing.
we are not talking about the yellow fever, which you need the vaccine prior visiting Africa. Maybe some countries will ask it, but certainly not the US or Canada.

some measures will stay, such as handwashing before entering shops and restaurants maybe, temperature check before boarding ?

Don't be so sure. I live in Canada and they are currently discussing the possibility of requesting full vaccination for all visitors at some point. Doesn't mean they will do it but they are talking about it.

We do need to bare in mind these requirements are based on the UK. Currently here things are only just starting to reopen after another lock down. As of this week we can finally go to a restaurant (outside seating) where I live for the first time since November. These rules are based entirely on the current UK system which is very different to the US one. That said I'd expect some of them to be the same when the US ones restart - especially things like masks.

Embarkation is going to be a long process

For the UK sailings, they have limited capacity, and the all aboard time is 6.30pm, so there is less people and 2 hours longer for the crew to get everyone on board.

From a passenger point of view, yes there will be a lot more steps to complete before boarding the ship.

I don't have a problem with the rules or the requirements DCL lays down. Whatever they choose I will respect them and if that means waiting another year for the cruise (because given the current limitations on what is available it won't be worth paying Concierge prices.) I would be fine with that.

But it may not be as easy as "don't go" for all of us - if they refuse to allow me to cancel my trip and move it forward I wont have any choice but to go - I booked this cruise for last year when nobody had any indication that Covid was even a thing.... So if Disney is willing to let me put it forward again until things get a little better - great, I'll do that. If not I'm going to end up on a cruise that will probably make me miserable - at great cost, and there isn't anything I can do about it. So yeah, I resent that a little.

To be clear - the things I have issue with are more about my favorite activities being severely limited or curtailed. Not with vacancies and masks.

If you don't think these rules are 100% totally fair, there is a very simple solution. DON'T GO. I am fully confident that Disney can keep these rules for the foreseeable future, and the ships will continue to sell to capacity. DCL will do just fine, and those of us willing to follow the rules will enjoy our cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter