• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do the rides take up alot of the day? Also, anyone go on a weekend?

CuteKatCar

DIS Veteran
I keep reading that we should go to SW for 2 days. I can barely break away from WDW for the one day, so 2 days is out. We won't be doing the rides (maybe the simulator ride), so I'm wondering if that saves alot of time.

Also, I was wondering how the crowds are during the weekends. We probably won't go on the weekend, I just imagine it's so crowded, but just wondering anyway.

Thanks,

Anna
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

The rides don't take alot of time if you get there early. SWF opens at 09:00am, and they let people in to the first part at 08:45am.
During non busy times, JTA and Kraken open at 10am, and they are located in the back of the park. It's still a good idea to plan that they will be open at 09:00am, and head back there first.
If they are not open, you can feed the dolphins first, because you pass the Key West area on the way to the rides. Do JTA, Kraken, the dolphin show, Clyde and Seamore, then Lunch. After that, you head over the Shamu Stadium, polar bear, feed dolphins, manatee, and whatever else you want.

The polar bear exhibit is located at the front of the park between Shamu Stadium and the Ski Stadium. Wait times for the simulator ride can get long in the afternoon. You can do the walk thru version which shows you the same exact movie, without all the shaking, as this line is sometimes shorter.

You'll see alot in a day. The misconception comes from people thinking there isn't enough to see for a day.

The next tip to save some time is to eat an early lunch at 11am. Lines for the restaurants are short. At noon all the food places are mobbed.

I visited Sea World for one day and I was hard-pressed to do everything. I arrived at around 10 am and staying until closing at 10 pm. I found myself running from one thing to another. It isn't as a frantic pace or crowded as some other places, but I wish I had an extra day to do everything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter