• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do the pressed penny machines take CAN quarters?

adamkat

2005 WDW, 2012 WDW, 2015 DL, 2020 WDW
Ok strange question but I would hate to bring a bunch of quarters and pennies and find out they don't work.
Thanks, Kathy.

I don't believe they do. I know the penny machines will take a Canadian penny, but they print better on US pennies because of the makeup of the actual penny.

I've been able to use OLDER Canadian quarters, because they are heavier. But anything after 2000 definitely does not work.

And if you intend on using Canadian pennies, don't use the new ones, use the old ones. Clean them with vinegar before you go, so the dirt doesn't mar anything. But the shiny newer pennies are NOT worth pressing.

Just a little tip on US pennies......look for pennies that are prior to 1983, they are solid copper and will press better. The ones after that year have a layer of something sandwiched in the middle and can press with streaks.

You can clean them with vinegar or Ketchup.

I assume they won't, because the front desk won't even take them hehe. We wanted to trade all our change for paper bills last trip, and somehow we ended up with a Canadian DIME in the mix and they refused it. We must have gotten it in our change (we had no canadian cash with us on the trip), but the resort sure was NOT taking it...so I came back with $19.90 US and my dime...not $20 haha. Hubby and I still chuckle about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter