Do the 3 Disney resorts offer adjoining rooms?!?

SeiterClan

DIS Veteran
And if so do they guarantee it or is it request only? We are a family of 8--so 2 adults & 6 kids(ages 4-16). Which resort & room type would give us the most space in two rooms? Also it will have to be standard rooms because I won a two night stay at a resort plus 3 day tickets for 4!!! If anyone has any advice, etc. that would be super helpful TIA :)

I think you want "connecting rooms" meaning you are connected by a door. Adjoining means you are in the same vicinity but not able to walk between rooms. Be careful what you ask for when putting in a request. Yes all 3 hotels have connecting rooms, it is a request not a guarantee. Space wise I like Disneyland hotel followed by PP and in last place GC.

I think you want "connecting rooms" meaning you are connected by a door. Adjoining means you are in the same vicinity but not able to walk between rooms. Be careful what you ask for when putting in a request. Yes all 3 hotels have connecting rooms, it is a request not a guarantee. Space wise I like Disneyland hotel followed by PP and in last place GC.
Thank you for clarifying that I always get it confused & we definitely want connecting rooms! Which room type at the DLH would you recommend for the most space? 2 queen plus daybed?

GCH has connecting rooms for sure. Nothing guaranteed (as most hotels), but there are a lot of them. GCH has smaller rooms but the peaceful upscale environment plus its location bests the other two hotels by a mile IMO. Adds a lot of walking By staying at DLH or PP.

If you are looking for the largest rooms, they are at DLH.

Not sure where you are from but in the US adjoining means connected. Same as the definition of the word. Or is that specific to Disney?

No it doesn't (though many US Hotels recognize the confusion and will clarify or assume you mean connecting). PlanningJollyHoliday is correct.

Connecting means an interior door between two rooms. Adjoining can mean across the hall from each other or side by side without an interior "connecting" door. Just make sure the reservation agent knows you want a connecting door inside your rooms.

Thank you for clarifying that I always get it confused & we definitely want connecting rooms! Which room type at the DLH would you recommend for the most space? 2 queen plus daybed?
I like the two queen plus daybed. I am not sure if you can get both rooms connecting with this configuration though. I seem to remember hearing that at Disneyworld if your family exceeds occupancy making you book two rooms, and there are only two adults and the rest kids under age 18, then disney will guarantee connecting rooms, and this is the only scenario that they will guarantee. Not sure if this applies at disneyland too, but worth a call to disney to clarify.

I like the two queen plus daybed. I am not sure if you can get both rooms connecting with this configuration though. I seem to remember hearing that at Disneyworld if your family exceeds occupancy making you book two rooms, and there are only two adults and the rest kids under age 18, then disney will guarantee connecting rooms, and this is the only scenario that they will guarantee. Not sure if this applies at disneyland too, but worth a call to disney to clarify.
That's interesting...as this will be our stutation only 2 adults with our 6 kids all under 18! I'll have to call & check on this soon thanks.;)

Not sure where you are from but in the US adjoining means connected. Same as the definition of the word. Or is that specific to Disney?

This is not true. I always thought it was the case as well, but learned the hard way in Boston that they are not interchangeable words.

Connecting - interior door that connects the two rooms together

Adjoining - rooms next door to each other, with no interior door.

OP, we’ve gotten connecting rooms at all 3 onsite hotels, but they are a request, not a guarantee.

Last edited:
While it's not guaranteed, when that has been a request of ours it has always been granted.
Good luck with planning

geemo

While it's not guaranteed, when that has been a request of ours it has always been granted.
Good luck with planning

geemo
That's a relief! Do you or anyone know if we can add the grandparents to one of the rooms so that they can get EMH privileges with us if they decide to come? Is that allowed?

That's a relief! Do you or anyone know if we can add the grandparents to one of the rooms so that they can get EMH privileges with us if they decide to come? Is that allowed?

I believe the room capacity is 5 . Yes, when you check in add their name to to room and make sure you get a room key with their name on it. They will need it for EMH admission

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter