Do people wear pin lanyards on board?

keodark

Earning My Ears
Hey all,
First DCL cruise coming up in February. The DW and I have DL lanyards full of pins that we enjoy wearing to the parks. We don't really trade; each pin is a memory of a prior Disney trip. (I know they do trading on board.) My question is: How many people actually wear their pin-laden lanyards during Disney cruises? Might be one less thing to pack if it's "not a thing"...
Thanks!

Honestly, we’ve never really noticed other guests wearing pin lanyards around the ship, but the pin trading events are usually packed. There are guests that go out of their way to be ‘Disneyfied’, with ears, shirts, buttons, etc., but they are a minority. When looking at most guests, you wouldn’t know you are on a Disney cruise, contrary to what you see in the parks. Honestly, if you’re not looking to trade, I wouldn’t bother bringing them.

In 3 cruises I think I've seen maybe one person per cruise with a lot of pins. So, I wouldn't say (in my limited data set) that it is "a thing" to do.

However, does it really matter? If you enjoy wearing your Disney pin lanyards to the parks, and want to wear them on the ship and add a DCL pin to add to the memories, then why not? You won't be viewed as strange for wearing Disney stuff. As the pp said, you will see a group of people who go "extreme Disney" each day; a pin lanyard is pretty subtle in comparison to what you'll see.

You may want to bring a lanyard to keep your room card in. As first time cruisers you won't receive one. Most people wear lanyards to keep their cards in for easy access. You'll need a pouch on it for the card. I have seen people with pins, but not a ton. I have a few pins on the one I wear. Like yours, they have meaning and I don't trade. They have pins with the ships on them and different Cast Away Cay ones.

Haven't notice many that wear pin lanyards, but if you enjoy wearing them, I would bring them! It is a Disney cruise after all! I bring a couple of my pins to wear when I feel like it. I have a lady and the tramp pin that is heart shaped that I wore on my little black dress when we had dinner at Remy's. I got lots of compliments! ❤

My question is: How many people actually wear their pin-laden lanyards during Disney cruises?
We find that you really only see this on special pin-trading events. Other times, there's hardly a lanyard to be seen.

Wear your pin lanyards. Each shop has a pin trading book and some CM's do wear them. Its fun to trade. You don't have to
wait for pin trading with the officers which is just too crowded but fun and starts at 7PM one night in between dinner. Its
only scheduled for one night. I go back to the books in the shops every day to see what is newly traded.

I wore mine on the ship. People look but there are not much active trade with guests (to our disappointment).

We traded with the pin books at shops and at guest services, as well as CMs outside Cabanas.

Perhaps another question might be whether trading will be expected if you wear your pins. Would people think you're looking for a trade? I don't know the answer, but that might affect your decision.

People DO wear their pin lanyards. Some people wear pins on their lanyards to trade. Some people have special pins that they like to wear and display for others to see. Many people have special pins on caps/hats also. I see many people wearing their pins. You will probably be asked if your pins are are open for trading. . . and either way is fine. Pin Traders love to look at other people's pins, whether they are available for trading or not. And I agree with previous poster about checking the pin trading books in the stores and possibly at guest services. So make sure you bring some traders as well as your special pins.

People DO wear their pin lanyards. Some people wear pins on their lanyards to trade. Some people have special pins that they like to wear and display for others to see. Many people have special pins on caps/hats also. I see many people wearing their pins. You will probably be asked if your pins are are open for trading. . . and either way is fine. Pin Traders love to look at other people's pins, whether they are available for trading or not. And I agree with previous poster about checking the pin trading books in the stores and possibly at guest services. So make sure you bring some traders as well as your special pins.

If you enjoy wearing a lanyard at the parks, why wouldn't you wear it on the ship?

If tomorrow no one in the park wears a lanyard anymore, would you stop wearing it as well?

Do you wear the lanyard because it brings you joy to have your memories with you or because there are more people in the park wearing it and it gives you a feeling of being part of a group?

I put a few on my lanyard, a few I like, a few to trade. No more than 4 total pins. You'll have more luck at meal times with trading with Castmembers than other times because people are doing vacation stuff and don't want to worry about their pin lanyard 'walking off' while they are in the pool, or getting in the way at kids clubs, etc.

Everyone in our family wears a lanyards with pins. We’re more collectors than traders, so they’re just for display only. They’re typically our favorite pins or themed to the activities that day. When else to we get to wear them around in real life, so we take the opportunity when we can.

Yes I wear a lanyard and pins. I never find any good ones to trade in the shop books but I have some that I like to wear.

. I never find any good ones to trade in the shop books

Yes, the books are awful, but we’ve found a really good cast member in the shops to trade with. (In Nov it was Sam on the Wonder. He was amazing!). We’ve also been pixie dusted by a friendly cast member with some pins when she saw my daughters’.

People do wear them, including some cast members and they have books in the shops to trade. Additionally, there is an Officer Pin Trading event on each cruise, which gets very busy and hectic, but fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter