Do people actually enjoy these attractions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiki room - Yes, its's a nice relaxing attraction. Not a must do every trip, but I do enjoy it and hope it always stays. It's a park staple.
Country Bears - Yes, though I will admit I haven't seen it in many many years. Again, park staple.
Hall of Presidents - Not really. Granted, it's been many..many years.
Carousel of Progress - I love it! But it needs updating.
Captain EO - Was great to see it return....but I think it's time for it to go back in the vault again.
Journey with Figment - NO! >:( Bring back Dreamfinder!!!!
Ellen's Energy - No. Change this PLEASE!!! So much wasted potential. I used to enjoy this, but lets move on already. SO outdated.
Living with the Land - Love this a lot. Would like to see some changes and updates, but I have always loved it.
Circle of Life - It was ok one or two times, but it could use a change or a new show.
Movies in the World showcase - I like the Canada ones. But again, lots of potential for an improved experience here if they removed it.

If it's got a 10-minute wait, seats and air conditioning, you can always find a way to appreciate any attraction at WDW. Especially all the ones on your list. :D
Especially on an 89-degree day in July...

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room - Haven't done in years
Country Bears - loved it as a kid but not a must do with all of the other options in MK
Hall of Presidents - Good when you need a rest in AC
Carousel of Progress - Love this classic Disney attraction and it's a must do each trip at least once. The song is catchy and I love the cheese factor.
Captain EO - Haven't seen since this was brought back
Journey with Figment - cute, not a can't miss but worthy of a ride
Ellen's Energy - Haven't done this in a while but it's on the must list for my December trip (we actually hope to get it in the first day because of the time commitment)
Living with the Land - A fun boat ride through different scenes and greenhouses, while not a thrill ride I do enjoy this ride at least once a trip
Circle of Life
movies in the World showcase - usually don't take the time to watch but always mean to...

• Tiki room ~ I always bring a newbie if I go with them, but for me, it's a once and done.
  • Country Bears ~ if we have time. Not a must do every trip. If it's hot out and you need a break, it's nice.
  • Hall of Presidents ~ same as Country Bears.
  • Carousel of Progress ~ I wish they'd update the final scene. It's become a skip for me.
  • Captain EO ~ Big skip! Captain Eo is like Star Wars meets The Wiz, meets Fraggle Rock, meets The Dark Crsytal...but not in a good way.
  • Journey with Figment ~ skip
  • Ellen's Energy ~ I always liked this ride. Didn't get to go on last year. Will do if I have time this year. Nice break in midday heat.
  • Living with the Land ~ must do, for me.
  • Circle of Life ~ I saw it twice, once was enough. It's a skip even when I bring a newbie.
  • Movies in the World showcase ~ I like them. Impressions de France is always a must do.
I always encourage people to try all the attractions once, since we all have different tastes. :)

I'm planning a third trip to DW. First trip my 3 year old was scared of everything so we went on very, very few rides. 2nd trip - we went on a ton and it was fun to see what everyone's favorites were. Me - Haunted Mansion, DH - food & wine festival 8-), 8-year old son - Test Trak, 6-year old son - People Mover (!!!)

Even over a week we couldn't do everything so I'm trying to include lots that we didn't do last time.
BUT... some of these attractions are really questionable. Do people actually enjoy them for what they are, or do they just do it for tradition or sentimentality??
Would kids enjoy them?

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room
Country Bears
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Captain EO
Journey with Figment
Ellen's Energy
Living with the Land
Circle of Life
movies in the World showcase
This last trip we did Tikki Room, Carousel of Progress, and Figment off your list. We had already dont Ellens Energy, Living with the land, and Circle of life. We tried to do as many new things as possible while still fitting in our favourites. We enjoyed them but I don't know if we would do them every trip. We did however enjoy the really cool air conditioning. My son especially liked that activites after Figment.

Tiki room - This isn't a must do for us, but I enjoy it. No wait and I like the "old school" attractions.
Country Bears - I could probably leave this one, but my DS loves it, so it's a must do.
Hall of Presidents - I haven't done this one in years, just not that interesting to me.
Carousel of Progress - LOVE! We did this 4 times on our last trip.
Captain EO - No thanks.
Journey with Figment - I think it's cute and it's a no/low wait so we usually hit this one up once a trip.
Ellen's Energy - This is great for a break from the heat in summer, but it's not a must do for us.
Living with the Land - LOVE! We liked it so much we did a Behind the Seeds Tour last trip, which we also loved.
Circle of Life - Haven't done this one yet, it's always on the to-do list and we keep missing it.
movies in the World showcase - I like them, but they aren't must do's. If we're in the mood, we'll stop in for one or two of them.

I went into all of those with low expectatios, BUT I ended up happy with all of them...some more than others, of course.

Tiki room - Meh
Country Bears - No
Hall of Presidents - Yes
Carousel of Progress - DO NOT SPEAK BADLY OF THIS RIDE OR SUFFER MY WRATH!
Captain EO - Meh
Journey with Figment - Yes
Ellen's Energy - Yes
Living with the Land - Meh
Circle of Life - Um... not sure I know what this is
movies in the World showcase - No

Tiki room - Meh
Country Bears - No
Hall of Presidents - Yes
Carousel of Progress - DO NOT SPEAK BADLY OF THIS RIDE OR SUFFER MY WRATH!
Captain EO - Meh
Journey with Figment - Yes
Ellen's Energy - Yes
Living with the Land - Meh
Circle of Life - Um... not sure I know what this is
movies in the World showcase - No
Is Circle of Life the place moms take toddlers while dads take older kids on Soarin'?

These are unique attractions, using so many different media, provide amazing experiences, even after seeing them year after year............They are not like the standard rides you find in so many other theme/ amusement parks.

Some are as well Walt's own.

Tiki room, One of the original attractions from DL and one of Walt's own. This attraction had the 1st autoanimatronic figures, limited as they were back then.
Country Bear corny fun......all around
Hall of Presidents An American classic in spirit and story. No one should boo anything here.
Carousel of Progress Walt's own and favorite attraction according to many. If you old enough to remember the NY Worlds Fair, 1964/65, you love to attraction,
Captain EO This should never have returned!
Journey with Figment BRING THE REAL FIGMENT AND DREAMAKER BACK.
Ellen's Energy Wonderful in its day.............needs refit
Living with the Land Special and so unique to the theme of EPCOT
Circle of Life Ditto
movies in the World showcase Ditto

AKK

My son & hubby refused Captain EO. Other rides you mentioned, some I view as an opportunity for a break in the park. When DS was an infant, I nursed him in Ellen's Energy and Hall of Presidents!

Hall of presidents is my favorite place to take a second to relax.
It's nice and dark and the show is really good. It's a good break from the crowds in the park

I'm planning a third trip to DW. First trip my 3 year old was scared of everything so we went on very, very few rides. 2nd trip - we went on a ton and it was fun to see what everyone's favorites were. Me - Haunted Mansion, DH - food & wine festival 8-), 8-year old son - Test Trak, 6-year old son - People Mover (!!!)

Even over a week we couldn't do everything so I'm trying to include lots that we didn't do last time.
BUT... some of these attractions are really questionable. Do people actually enjoy them for what they are, or do they just do it for tradition or sentimentality??
Would kids enjoy them?

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room - fun the first time, relaxing
Country Bears - can't miss this one, reminds me of my first trip, and is still cheesy and fun
Hall of Presidents - good place for a nap if you've been more than once or twice. For the first time, its great and educational
Carousel of Progress - love
Captain EO - pass
Journey with Figment - haven't been in a while, my son liked it
Ellen's Energy - never been, heard it's long and great for a nap and ac
Living with the Land - interesting and educational, could be boring for kids
Circle of Life - never been
movies in the World showcase - I like them lol

Tiki room - the last time we went (2012), it was still "under new management," so when we go back I'm really looking forward to seeing the classic show!
Country Bears - corny, but my dad usually gets a kick out of it.
Hall of Presidents - Not a fan. Would be good for A/C break, but we're going in January and will likely skip it.
Carousel of Progress - We didn't ride this last time, and I really want to!
Captain EO - Never seen it (that I remember)
Journey with Figment - LOVE LOVE LOVE FIGMENT!!!! The ride may not be as good now as it used to be (i do go partially for sentimental reasons), but its still a great tune that i got stuck in my head just from thinking about the ride!
Ellen's Energy Adventure - last time we rode (the only time I can remember), the ride went down and we had to evacuate after sitting a while. It's a long ride anyway, so that made it seem like forever!!
Living with the Land - haven't ridden it recently, if ever
Circle of Life - Never seen it.
movies in the World showcase - I don't really remember any of them.

Would kids enjoy them?

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room
Country Bears
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Captain EO
Journey with Figment
Ellen's Energy
Living with the Land
Circle of Life

I find Tiki Room too long and a little boring.
Country Bears is ok.
I haven't done Hall of Presidents yet, but I would assume it would have some educational value.
I love Carrousel of Progress (somewhat educational for kids).
Captain EO is pretty bad.
Journey with Figment is good with kids and they enjoy the activities after the ride.
Ellen's Energy is very long and has an educational component (some of which is outdated).
Living with the Land is relaxing and educational boat ride.
Circle of Life I haven't seen this yet.
What movies in the World Showcase?
I am of the opinion that everything is worth doing at least once.

Tiki room
Country Bears
Journey with Figment
Circle of Life

^ Those would be enjoyed by kids, I think.

Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Captain EO
Ellen's Energy
Living with the Land

^ Fun to do atleast once, and they have AC, which is nice. But younger kids may get bored.

Tiki room - always every trip - kids and my dad love it
Country Bears -was one of my son's favorite movies when he was little and we do find it fun, always do it
Hall of Presidents - never do it but might this trip as the kids are a little older and we have a longer trip, my oldest might enjoy it as he loves facts
Carousel of Progress - if we can fit it in
Captain EO - DH loved it as a kid so we do it
Journey with Figment - didn't last time but will this next visit
Ellen's Energy - didn't last time but will this next visit
Living with the Land - if we can fit it in
Circle of Life - don't do it
movies in the World showcase - don't do them

I could skip all of those, but if there is no wait and we aren't pushed for time (FP+, ADR, etc.) then why not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter