Do-nuts and pizza quality question??

cotomom

<font color=red>That'd be FABULOUS!<br><font color
OK, now that you've seen where my mind is... has anyone had the donuts on board? If so, what types and how were they? If you ordered them on room service, do you receive a variety/1/?

And now for the pizza... Questions regarding the pizza at the pool side place, room service ones, and Palo ones... Thick, thin, soggy, crispy, gooey??? Favorite? Least favorite??

Many thanks in advance....

I love your question cotomom! I love to know all of the nitty gritty details ahead of time. It's fun to plan! and also it can save disappointment later.

I have heard on here that the chicken strips are wonderful for both kids and adults.....where can one find these chicken strips? Are they served on the kids menu at meals or is it at one of those Pluto/Pinnochio places?

Thanks....looking forward to info on: Donuts, Pizza, Chicken Strips!

Chicken strips are from the Children's Menu in restaurants, the Room Service Menu, and they have recently been restored to the menu at Pluto's Dog House, on deck 9 by the pools (thanks DCL!).

I don't know about doughnuts, maybe they're in the Buffet restaurant on deck 9 for breakfast, we rarely go there. I can speak for the croissants and muffins that are served on the Room Service menu at Breakfast. They are very good. I think I've seen the same items on a tray in the full service restaurants for Breakfast. They have fruit flavored muffins like blueberry, some bran muffins, and a chocolate chip muffin that is really good. It was a muffin with tiny chocolate chips here and there, it wasn't overly done with chips, just a tasty little prize here and there. The croissants are light and fluffy on the inside.

The pizza slices are good at Pinnochio's on deck 9. The pepperoni and cheese and the cheese pizzas are thick and gooey when warm. They are not made up that far in advance, at least late in the evening when I had some. They tasted very good and it was warm, I had to wait a couple of minutes until they were finished. We never had more than two slices at a time and ate them on deck 9, so not sure how they would be later in your cabin.

On the 7 night cruise, they had a Mexican Buffet for lunch at Topsiders. Among other items, they had a Mexican Pizza that was very good. I would have taken less of the other food if I would have known how good it was.

They have an appetizer at Palo's that is a pizza. I was reluctant to order it because I didn't want to eat that much, I was looking forward to the entree. Our waiter talked me into it and I reluctantly agreed, warning him I would not finish most of it. It was wonderful. It was a very thin and crispy crust and it was more personal sized than I had anticipated. It was so good that I regret insisiting that my DW taste it. The waiter was very tactful when he cleared the appetizer plates and said something like 'oh you finish it, you must have liked?'.

They have an appetizer in the dining rooms called 'Duck and Goat Cheese Pizza'. It was under my heading of 'things I wouldn't order at home' so I tried it. It was different, it was small, and it was 'interesting'. You should try it one night when it's offered.

We haven't ordered a pizza from Room Service, maybe on the next cruise?

hope that helps

I've been spoiled by Krispy Kremes and I found the donuts to be average. However, the mini chocolate croissants were very good!

Pizza at poolside was O.K. There are usually 3-4 types to choose from (Cheese, Pepperoni, Hawaiin, Sausage)

I have not had the duck and goat cheese PIZZA, but I did have the duck and goat cheese flatbread in AP, which I liked very much.

I agree about the croissants being quite good. My only complaint is that when I ordered them for breakfast via room service, they arrived COLD as though they just came out of a refrigerator. That was really unexpected.

Yum, chicken strips by the pool (with the barbeque dipping sauce). Croissants and danish with tea in the am from room service. Can't vouch for the pizza, but it looked good. Oh, to be cruising right now!!!!!!!!!!

Albiats,

If you don't do the breakfast buffet on deck 9, what do you do for breakfast?

Thanks all you foodies who are answering these detailed food questions for all of us!

We have early coffee and croissants from Room Service on the Veranda. Then we go to Lumiere's or Parrot Cay (which ever is open) for a table service breakfast.

And Taswira, it must have been Duck and Goat Cheese FLATBREAD instead of Pizza, sorry, my mistake.

That's okay, albiats. I was beginning to wonder if I missed something and would have to search for the duck and goat cheese pizza next month!

Mium ! Mium ! The pizza at Pinochio's and the chicken strips are very good. You must try them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter