Do laundry vs packing for 7days/nights

Ducky'sMom

Mom to a smol bean and a spicy potato <3
I'm contemplating whether I should deliberately pack only say 4/5 day's worth of clothes for me, 13yo teen, and 2yo toddler (hubby will need nice clothes for conference so I'd pack for a days for him) and do a load of laundry during our pool/late park day, or if I should try and pack new clothes for every day of the trip. We'll be at POFQ for 7n/7d, so I'd have to do it at their facility. Thoughts/advice, please? We're driving so we'll have some trunk space.

Not an answer but I’ve been wondering something similar. I think I will bring a few laundry pods in case we do need them

I'm contemplating whether I should deliberately pack only say 4/5 day's worth of clothes for me, 13yo teen, and 2yo toddler (hubby will need nice clothes for conference so I'd pack for a days for him) and do a load of laundry during our pool/late park day, or if I should try and pack new clothes for every day of the trip. We'll be at POFQ for 7n/7d, so I'd have to do it at their facility. Thoughts/advice, please? We're driving so we'll have some trunk space.
We are on day 13 of an 18 day trip. We fly so we try to only pack one suitcase each. I tell my family members to pack enough for 5 days of clothes and we do laundry every 4 or 5 days. It's very easy to do. Right now we're at Port Orleans Riverside and we do laundry while swimming. We put in a load (34 minutes to wash), swim, put it in dryer, go back to room to shower/change, then get it out of dryer (dryer runs for 60 minutes but generally we find clothes are finished drying in about 40 minutes). Then we dump all clean clothes on the bed and I tell everyone to sort their own laundry - goes very quickly.
We bring our own Tide pods and dryer sheets, and the dryers/washers at our resort are paid for with credit card ($3 USD per wash / dry). Tomorrow we move to Beach Club and we are planning to do laundry while we swim in the quiet pool, next to the laundry.

I was at FOFQ in June , we went with DD’s family. We both did laundry during our stay. Nice sized laundry room by the pool. I brought Tide pods & dryer sheets but I think the detergent machine was only $1 in case you forgot detergent.

If you have room in the car, I’d pack enough clean clothes for the trip. Doesn’t hurt to have some detergent just in case though.

If you were flying, my answer would be different since carry-on only is the best way to travel these days (if one must fly!)

I do laundry, but we have a W/D in our villa so it is easy. When we get a studio for more than four nights, I do laundry. I always bring pods and dryer sheets. You may want to pick up a pack of plastic hangers at the $ store. I try to hang DH's Hawaiian shirts when damp and then use wrinkle spray to smooth them out. I like to have a full closet to select from LOL!

Good luck!

The only time I ever do laundry is if we are in a DVC villa one bedroom or larger which include a washer and dryer. Otherwise no way. We pack enough for the entire trip. I have always been an over packer. That might change now that there is sadly no longer luggage delivery service or resort airline check in.

For short trips we don’t do laundry unless we are staying somewhere with a W/D.

But my current preference is to pack less and wash during the trip, especially if we plan to swim or we are staying longer. There are five of us and we sometimes wear rash guards too, so there is just not enough room to hang all that stuff to dry. I wish I could find a travel drying rack that would fit in my suitcase for swimsuits!

I usually carry a few laundry pods and dryer sheets. If flying, I’ve found some laundry sheets that aren’t liquid.

I always do laundry. It’s pretty easy at WDW. They have an app that tells you what machines are free and alerts you when your laundry is done. So I vote pack less and do laundry, because those rooms are tiny and there’s only so much room for luggage and clothes.

We have to do laundry because we need two outfits a day . We usually take a break to swim /shower /nap so we pack around 8 outfits each and go laundry once .

We like to do laundry. It’s easy enough on a pool day, and especially if staying in a 1 bedroom villa. we don’t have to pack as much, and I like doing laundry near the end of the trip so we don’t have to deal with laundry mountain when we get home.

We always do laundry.

Easy to do while you are spending time at the pool.

We love to go to the gym a few minutes in the morning or go for our morning exercise walk. We time the machine, walk back and throw in dryer. Walk again and/or shower, breakfast and clothes are ready.

We are early risers (DH and me) when we had the kids, one of us would start laundry while the kids were still sleeping. By the time our family was ready to head to the parks - laundry was done.

I was planning on doing laundry our last trip, had the stuff washed, and the computer that is used to access all the machines at the Jamaica pool laundry at CBR was down. I had to carry my wet laundry to another pool to dry it. Ugh!

I will never check a bag into MCO. Good to hear there's a laundry room at that hotel. Dolphin and AoA also have them.

I guess I am the odd one out, but I don't do laundry while on vacation. I do laundry a lot while at home, and I refuse to do it while on my vacation. It's part of the vacation to Not do laundry, Not cook or clean, etc. But it sounds like I am almost the only one who does this? We take enough clothes for the 2 of us for our 10 day trip and I even have extra clothes if we need them, or we can buy a tshirt if needed. I have 2 large suitcases and a carryon which works for us. But to each his own, I just don't want to do laundry on vacation. It's just the 2 of us now, but I also did this when the kids were little and never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter