do it yourself projects

I have to agree, i've been dealing with alot of questions, and didn't want to junk up the forum with my thread(s) being that my wedding is so far off! You gals are amazingly talented and given me MANY ideas! I think this might be my favorite thread thus far!!!

My Save-the-Date music CDs... just finished today!

CDs...
pileocds.jpg

labelled and in the cases
CDwithsonglist.jpg

Case covers...
CDcovers.jpg

Pre-RSVP postcard front
postcardfront.jpg

Pre-RSVP postcard back
prersvppostcardmailside-1.jpg

Wrapped together in ribbon with a Mickey head
CDandenvelopewideribbon.jpg

Julie sweetie - I love the S the D CDs. How creative and talented you are!!!

CityGirlLost What a wonderfully creative idea!!! :lovestruc It's such a romantic notion!

Anyone else? I need more ideas to steal/borrow!!! ;)

ok..so a few of these are in my PJ already, but I dont think I have put them in this thread yet.
first our emblem...just your basic mickey and minnie sillouette with our names and date. I went to a waltograph font online and typed in each word. Copied it, went to paint, painted a white background to it, then went to Powerpoint and uploaded the picture. A lot of time and work, but it came out great, though im sure it could have been easier.
8a006f4d.jpg

Next we made welcome bag tags to hang on the outside of the welcome bags. I did the same thing as before using powerpoint to put it all together.
pop3.jpg

cb3.jpg

bw3.jpg

Also going to be putting Hidden Mickey cads in the welcome bags. Once again everything was done using powerpoint and finding pictures on google images. The mickey heads I just created on PP so that you wouldnt see a white box around them. Were going to cut each square up and tie together using ribbon we bought from theknot.com that has our names and wedding date on it. Heres what the cards look like, dont have a finished one yet, but ill be sure to post once there complete.
hmresort.jpg

hmmk.jpg

Lasty..so far is our cd cover and labels. Done the same way as the emblem. I have two types for the cover at the moment and one for the label.
cd3.jpg

cd2.png

cdlabel.jpg

Let me know what ya think!!!!

@ mickin I love the hidden Mickey idea and can't wait till I can see it finished with the ribbon! I've been using a free downloaded program called paint.net... So? I wouldn't have been able to get so far with pp! I'm impressed! Use the cover with the two of you on it, the Mickey one Is awesome, but the one with the two of you is down right precious! And the actual cd? Love it! That picture of you two Is so very sweet!

@ mickin I love the hidden Mickey idea and can't wait till I can see it finished with the ribbon! I've been using a free downloaded program called paint.net... So? I wouldn't have been able to get so far with pp! I'm impressed! Use the cover with the two of you on it, the Mickey one Is awesome, but the one with the two of you is down right precious! And the actual cd? Love it! That picture of you two Is so very sweet!

Thanks....one of our really good friends took those pics...shes a sports photographer, but wanted to try engagement pictures and we were her first client/couple. We would have her take pics at the wedding but she is one a Traces bms so it would make it a little hard for her.....though it would prolly save a lot..:confused3

I just have to make the into card for the hidden mickey cards and then prolly print them out on card stock. the process with paint and pp is very easy..it just takes forever...

Tracey
Loving everything - you have certainly done a good job!!!
I am a little biased about how good your stuff looks, though, as I used the same M & M image in the logo I designed for our big day

bigbag.gif

And designed similar welcome document envelopes for my Welcome bags!! :thumbsup2

AKLwelcome.gif

BLTwelcome.gif

Yours have ended up being fantastic - well done!!

Tracey
Loving everything - you have certainly done a good job!!!
I am a little biased about how good your stuff looks, though, as I used the same M & M image in the logo I designed for our big day

bigbag.gif

And designed similar welcome document envelopes for my Welcome bags!! :thumbsup2

AKLwelcome.gif

BLTwelcome.gif

Yours have ended up being fantastic - well done!!

Thanks....though it was yours that was my inspiration...lol:thumbsup2

So many creative brides!

Here are some of my creations for my wedding:

I bought the glasses and then added starfish and raffia
71044.jpg

Menu cards
74037.jpg

Seating cards
74011.jpg

This castle was white alabaster from Arribas - then I painted it with castle colors
74401.jpg

Cocktail hour centerpieces
74413.jpg

Centerpieces
74020.jpg

Invitations
IMGP5848-2.jpg

Wedding favors - photo album
IMGP4537.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter