Do I need to worry about mosquitos?

We are leaving in several days. I have been obsessively hoarding tips to execute to make for the best possible trip. This biggest two that keep showing up are HYDRATE and SUNSCREEN. We’ve got sunscreen, hats, and UV umbrellas. We also have life straw water bottles, electrolyte enhancers, neck fans, and cooling towels.

No one has mentioned mosquitos that I’ve noticed. Is this really not a thing? Or do I need to buy bug spray?
In 15 years of going to WDW I have never seen, heard or gotten bit by a mosquito.

So I’m not a bug magnet. Thanks, DH, for your service as the mosquito sacrificial animal. I go to WDW from Oct to April and have never had an issue and neither has DH.

DS11 & I are both mosquito magnets. Our bites swell to the size of golf balls (or larger if there are several close together) and get hard and hot. We have to take benadryl. We got a few bites while drying off at the pool at sunset. Not sure what bit us, but we had absolutely no reaction.

We went this past May. Came home with several large bites on each of us. First time in 20 years of visiting WDW.

The only time we had issues was back in the summer of 2016 when we went to play putt-putt at one of the courses on site. My kids were eaten alive by those things! But other than that it has never been an issue!

Over the years we’ve gotten a few bites when close to the water. Once near Tom Sawyer Island, another time in Epcot at dusk. But very rare. Over the last 3 or 4 trips only happened once - outside BLT in the evening right after a huge downpour. It was bad! Worse I’ve ever seen. Like 5 mosquitoes targeting my legs at once. I ran inside to wait for my ride.

FWIW. We have been to WDW every year since 2015 in either June or September, and I can honestly say that I don't recall ever seeing a single mosquito.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter