Do I need tickets to book dining?

kiramay

DIS Veteran
do I need park reservations or tickets to make dining reservations?

Things keep changing. I believe Space 220 opens for reservations tomorrow but I haven’t bought our tickets yet for our November trip. It’ll be 42 days. Will it let me make a reservation or not?
Thanks!

Yes you can make reservations then get park tickets and park reservations after. Need to cancel them if you don't though.

Most likely, you may be able to make an ADR.
But, you must have a ticket to get into the park and a park reservation or a park hopper to go to a park restaurant. An ADR does not get you into the park

Most likely, you may be able to make an ADR.
But, you must have a ticket to get into the park and a park reservation or a park hopper to go to a park restaurant. An ADR does not get you into the park
I know that. I’ve gone plenty of times pre-covid. But I’ve usually had packages booked and was making my ADRs at 180 days out and park reservations didn’t exist.... a lot has changed so I was checking.
Unfortunately, even though I was up at 5 am, I still couldn’t get a reservation for S220. I guess they opened early. :(

Last edited:
WIth all the little annoying things Disney does, near the top of the list is when they announce something will open at 6AM ET, and after people plan for that time, they actually open earlier. That is just such bad form. Just wait for the time you communicated to people.

On the other hand, I guess they ignore their own information so often that experienced folks are already on at 5AM clicking until they get the reservations. They should just do what they say they're going to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter