Do I need a stroller? Twin 4 year olds

TravelingWithACrowd

Earning My Ears
It's our first trip to Aulani (and Hawaii), and I'm trying to figure out whether or not I need a stroller. We have 4 year old twin boys, as well as a 12 year old and a 17 year old (so we have help!).

We have a City Mini Double, which is a workhorse, but also not the lightest or easiest to fold and get onto an airplane. We could bring it, or I could buy something new. But I hate to spend the money on something we may not get much use out of....

We have a two flight hop there and back, with fairly long layovers both ways. We have three days in Honolulu, one of which we'll spend in the city, one at Pearl Harbor, and one doing a drive around the island before getting to Aulani for 4 days.

So, really, the only time I think we would want (need?) the stroller would be at the airport and on the city day, unless they are super helpful at Aulani.

Any thoughts from anyone who has done this? Oh, and we leave in less than 2 weeks. Thanks!

I didn't take my stroller when my daughter was 5 (though we still took it to parks). So I guess it depends how tired your littles get compared to the rest of you, or if they still nap. Like you said, it seems you'd only want it on travel days and that city day. Though it might be a bit inconvenient in the city, depending where you are. Steps, small spaces in shops, etc.

At 4 we didn’t! Our first 2 visits when our youngest was 2 and 3 we had our stroller because of the airport - it helped to “wrangle and contain” him. Once he got to 4, we loved not having to lug anything extra. You won’t need it at the resort - everything is fairly flat and paved so walking is easy (although it can be very slippery in places!).

We never used or needed our strollers at the Aulani for our twins and they were 3 at the time. I only used them in the airport and when we walked around Waikiki. My oldest was 5 and she just walked. We took umbrella strollers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter