• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I need a full day at animal kingdom?

kizzle

Mouseketeer
Park opens at 9am, shuts at 9pm

x3 Adults

Got FP+ for 2-3pm
Dinner for 4pm
Got FP+ for 5-6pm
Got FP+ for 6-7pm

Was thinking water park in morning till 2-3pm

Would I have enough time to do Animal kingdom from then on?

Personally I love AK so I would say yes you need a full day but if you only want to do your FPs and maybe a couple other things than your plan should be fine.

The lines will be nonexistant ar the end of the day so I think your plan will work great.

I've never stayed at animal kingdom till 9pm only 5pm I'd imagined I'd done everything before then? (Morning to 5pm) And don't want to feel we got to leave early as I really want to see it at night

I could op for a breakfast before arriving to animal kingdom as I am off site so travel is like hour for me then transfers from Epcot to animal kingdom take some day up

I've always rushed parks in the past (think I put a downer on previous trips where I'm able to run to ride to ride and forget everyone else behind, yep I'm that guy) so I could go earlier mmm maybe 12-1 and take things slower

You could spend the entire day there, but our last visit 2 yrs ago we needed a sleep in day after a late night at MK. We had a big breakfast and hit the park by 11. I had FP starting a 11 and did shows and animals. The lines are very short by the end of the evening. EE & KR we rode over and over. You just may need to see what time Safari closes (i think it was 5 or 6 in the past) and get possible FP for that. Not sure if they are still doing night safaris, so that info maybe outdated?

I depends on what you want to see and do. If you want to see all the shows, ride every ride, walk all the trails and just take time to take in everything, then yes, you would need a full day. If you just want to ride a few rides, skip the shows and just hit the highlights, no you wouldn't need a full day. I have done it both ways.

It has never been a full day for me and I do the trails, shows, and rides with no problem. Now, I don't do every single ride and I don't wait for characters or anything like that so maybe that helps. I like the park, but no way could I spend that much time there.

I think it depends on what you mean by "do" Animal Kingdom.

If you only mean visit the popular attractions, no you don't necessarily need an entire day.

If you really want to enjoy what Animal Kingdom has to offer, I would say you need at least a full day, if not more. As three adults, you may enjoy hanging at the Dawa bar for a couple of drinks in addition to the other attractions. I know I have...

I think it depends on what you mean by "do" Animal Kingdom.

If you only mean visit the popular attractions, no you don't necessarily need an entire day.

If you really want to enjoy what Animal Kingdom has to offer, I would say you need at least a full day, if not more. As three adults, you may enjoy hanging at the Dawa bar for a couple of drinks in addition to the other attractions. I know I have...

Everest at night is a totally different, very cool experience. It is now a "must do" for my family.

I don't think they are open at night, but my family and I can burn a lot of time watching live animal exhibits.

When you have the time to watch them, animals are so cool.

I know I need a full day, especially now that there is nighttime entertainment. For me, AK is my next favorite after MK. If you don't want to see and do everything, then you will be ok. In the past I've always gone open to close, in October/November with the shorter park hours, and I'm an adult without children, and do not ride Kali, Everest, or do anything but meet Pluto in Dinoland.

X3 Adults
Got FP+ for 2-3pm
Dinner for 4pm
Got FP+ for 5-6pm
Got FP+ for 6-7pm

So how can you make first FP+ :confused: you'd have to be Bond, James Bond :car: :cool:

Honestly, AK is one of my favorites. The theme is so different than the other parks. And I love the food! Again, very different choices. I don't feel like I'm in a theme park at AK. It's a great park to slow down, meander, enjoy good photo ops, and just take in the sites. We never stay for parades, and generally avoid them, but we love the Jammin Jingle Parade. And EE is fantastic! Go to the It's Tough to be a Bug show - my husband still talks about that experience.

So, yes, a full day.

x3 Adults

Got FP+ for 2-3pm
Dinner for 4pm
Got FP+ for 5-6pm
Got FP+ for 6-7pm

Would I have enough time to do Animal kingdom from then on?
In our opinion, yes. It's just not a full day Park for us. Today we started with a late breakfast around 1030 and went til the 1st JB show was over and it felt like we were just walking around and reriding rides many times just to kill time. We usually only spend 4-5 hrs at AK and that's with a bigger group with kids of all ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter