• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I need 2 days at Disney Studios?

fls

Earning My Ears
Taking DS9 and DD8 to Studios for the first time. Didn't take them the last time. I wonder if I need a FULL 2 days to do the Studios or could I get it all in say in 1 full day and return after 3-4 on day 2 and stay the rest of the day? I have ressie for Hollywood and Vine on day 2 and Sci-Fi on day 1. What do you think?:worship:

It's my favorite park, so I needed two days... since there's a lot of shows, you might need two days to work them in. If the kids want to get picked for the Jedi Training Academy, you might need to go a couple times... (and of course, there's no guarantee either way.)

LOVE Sci-Fi theater... and my food was delish. I had the Black and Blue salad and it was REALLY good!!

It is our least favorite park as we feel it needs a lot of updating, etc. We usually only spend 3/4 of a day there the last couple of trips. This year, we will spend a late afternoon/evening and then on another day a morning there only because we are going with friends who have never been.

Taking DS9 and DD8 to Studios for the first time. Didn't take them the last time. I wonder if I need a FULL 2 days to do the Studios or could I get it all in say in 1 full day and return after 3-4 on day 2 and stay the rest of the day? I have ressie for Hollywood and Vine on day 2 and Sci-Fi on day 1. What do you think?:worship:

I think your 1 1/2 day plan should work. The good thing about the Studios is that it is quite compact, and everything is within about a 5-10 minute walk. My crew never spends a full day there (usually 2 half days does it for us).

For our family, we can easily do HS in a half a day. There just isn't that much to see and do. The kids like RNR and TOT, but we really don't find much else to hold our interest.

I think you can easily do this park in just one day.

For our family, we can easily do HS in a half a day. There just isn't that much to see and do. The kids like RNR and TOT, but we really don't find much else to hold our interest.

I think you can easily do this park in just one day.

I would agree. We usually spend either our first day (arrive late) or our last day (leave early) here - it's our least favorite park. But the kids love Star Tours and I can't wait to do Toy Story Mania this year! Still, I can't imagine you'd need more than one full day.

I would say your plan is sound. Last trip I managed to do HS in 1/2 day. Although to be fair we didn't ride RNR or TOT this time. For our next trip I am planning on an evening to eat at 50's Prime Time and watch Fantasmic and a morning to catch the rest.

We don't. But, we've been many times and pretty much have it down to a science. We visit our favorite attractions and, when I can convince DH, Beauty and the Beast. Depending on crowds, we can be done in half a day; sometimes it takes just a couple of hours.

This next trip, though, I want to take it easy and look at it again as if it were my first time. I already told DH that if he doesn't want to do something he can park himself on a bench and wait for me!

Make sure to get fastpasses for big things like Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. One day would be fine. I have never spent more than one day there. The park is just not that big, and unless you plan on sitting through every show there is just not that much to do. Fantasmic is great though!

We can usually finish up in one day. It just depends on what you plan to see. We don't really care for the shows, so we can knock the rides out pretty quickly. As long as we can get a Rock-N-Rollercoaster fast pass. :thumbsup2

DS6 and I actually only need a half day. We usually leave DH and DS9 and head over to Epcot. :cool1:

That should definately be plenty of time unless they decide they want to do some of the rides more than once. I'm betting we'll be doing Toy Story Mania LOTS of times on our trip in a couple of weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter