• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do HA rooms at the GF sleep five, like the regular rooms?

MBW

Mouseketeer
I noticed that the BWI and Poly rooms do, which is great for our family.

If it is the standard for the hotel they have to make arrangements so that it is also standard from handicap rooms under the ADA. Call the special reservations number and they will tell you what you need to do.

We have stayed in 2 different HA rooms during our 3 stays at the GF. One just slept 4 and had a love seat instead of a daybed. The other room did sleep 5. When you call and speak to Special Needs, I'm sure they'll make sure you get a room that fits your family as long as there is availability.

The rooms however are not nearly as spacious as the HA rooms at the Polynesian. We haven't stayed at the BWI so I can't compare although I know in general the rooms there are not as large as the Polynesian or GF.

The GH HA rooms though have beautiful HA bathrooms with pocket doors as well. There are also touchpads for entry to the room which makes it easier for my DD.

As mentioned above, yes...the HA rooms at GF can sleep 5 and it's easy to get around the grounds there. We haven't stayed there since the new pool was put in so I'm not sure if it has a zero entry or not, but the rooms themselves were fine for a larger family. Kathy

The new pool is zero entry and the guards offered us a pool chair for our DD. My DH and she elected not to use it though.

Again, at least one HA room at the GF does not sleep 5. It is in Sugar Loaf. But when you tell them the number in your family, I'm sure you'll be assigned a room that does sleep 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter