Do Disney restaurants card everyone?

Once we had out of country person with us, he had is picture ID of his country and way over 21, not only they card him he was also told because the ID isn’t from US he needed his passport, not very realistic to ask someone to risk losing his passport while in Disney park, but whatever. I agree sometimes they don’t, but they more often do ask for ID.

I have read that the will accept a copy of the persons passport so you don't have to risk bringing the real one into the parks.

This is true, we had pictures on our phones and it was fine. This worked everywhere, by the way, not just for alcohol. Universal requested proof of ID when we retrieved our tickets and I handed the employee my phone and it was just fine. Please don't take your passport out in the parks with you.

You should keep it with you in case you are asked for it.
(I was asked for my ID when using my annual passholder discount.)

Our servers sometimes ask to see ID/proof of age, sometimes they don't.

Thank you everyone! I figured the safest bet is always to have it. I'm not averse to carrying it, I'm averse to losing it. Just one more thing to keep track of/make sure it's not falling out of my pockets when I'm not carrying a wallet.

I am 48 and was carded in February. Bring your ID.

Doesn’t matter if you’re 99; if they cars you and you don’t have it, you don’t get that drink. And in general neither does anyone you’re with, because they know you’ll likely share the drink.

Just one more thing to keep track of/make sure it's not falling out of my pockets when I'm not carrying a wallet.

Cute lanyard with a hard plastic waterproof Witz brand lanyard case.

I carry ID, payment card, insurance card, a bit of cash, and any discount card I might have in mine. And for Universal and Disneyland, room keycard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter