Do "Change Party Fast Passes" violate Disney rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iujen94

DIS Veteran
I've been on vacation and off Dis for a few weeks, so I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum, but the post apparently deleted because people keep violating the Dis rule about not talking about ways to get around Disney rules. So not trying to stir the pot but legitimately curious about the fallout and conclusions from the recent changes in the FP+ system - do "Change Party FPs" (and I'm sure I have the lingo there slightly wrong) that were discussed in the weeks before the FP+ changes violate current Disney policy? Thanks!!

Strict rules on the Dis. Not sure what is allowed regarding this subject. Is their a forum where this can be discussed further?

Is it no longer listed in MDE? I'm just getting back too. We used it last week while there when my son didn't want to go back to a park at night????

Whatever you do, just don't try to use a FP+ tied to a MDE profile that didn't enter the park that day with that profile's own valid admission. That's the big no-no.

I think we are all over reacting here with these new rules. I am 100% sure that Disney does not care if grandma gives little Johnny boy her band to ride SM,, as the ride is too much for her.. of course said Grandma must be in the park.. If we get so techincal then we can also ask the question is it allowed for Grandma to let little Johnny boy eat a Mickey Bar using her snack credits???

Here we go again....any bets on how long it takes this thread to get locked?

Rules or not, the way I understand it is that Disney was looking the other way for families, but came to realize that private tour guides, many of them cast members, were greatly abusing the Fastpass system to the point Disney knew it needed to do something.

We were in the parks last week. Change party was working fine - as in, all 4 of us were in the park during the day, then DH and LO headed back to the resort, but still had a 4th FP that they hadn't used. I was able to move the fastpasses to me and my teen who were still in the park. I think that is how change party is intended to be used, and it still worked fine for that purpose. As far as I know, that is still within bounds.

If it wasn’t within the TOS the functionality would be removed from the app. It hasn’t and it does have a legitimate purpose. However CPFP can be used in a very contrived way to secure additional benefits to the user. This is seen as circumventing the rules and…

"We (The DIS) do not enable, condone or promote discussion of ways to circumvent established Disney company policies."

Fair enough. But the DIS does allow other discussions which do not adhere to this principle. For example, ‘throwaway room’ is basically booking a cheap room (or even a campsite booking) for a single night with no intention of actually staying there yet still securing ‘on site’ benefits for a week or more. This only works because Disney’s systems are not sophisticated enough to check that the guest actually used the room nor able to restrict on-site benefits to the duration of the stay. The ‘throwaway room’ technique takes advantage of this system limitation or ‘loophole’. This is to the detriment of other guest who cannot find rooms for legitimate bookings and offsite guests who cannot secure Fastpasses or ADRs.

Taking advantage of a loophole sounds likes circumventing the rules to me. And yet, THIS thread is far the more likely to be deleted than the one advocating gaming the system.

Wait a minute! Does this mean you can'r use a FP assigned to another person in your party? I'm confused! I have 4 FPs for Space Mt. but the intention was for the 2 members of our group to ride twice, using the other 2 members' FPs. This didn't used to be a problem. Is it now? I don't even carry a smart phone and so would I have to carry a phone and re-assign the 2 FPs after the riders ride one time?

Wait a minute! Does this mean you can'r use a FP assigned to another person in your party? I'm confused! I have 4 FPs for Space Mt. but the intention was for the 2 members of our group to ride twice, using the other 2 members' FPs. This didn't used to be a problem. Is it now? I don't even carry a smart phone and so would I have to carry a phone and re-assign the 2 FPs after the riders ride one time?
As long as you are physically wearing the other person's magicband, it's fine. As far as I know they aren't checking names.

You have a fastpass. Doesn't matter what member of your family it belongs to.

I think we are all over reacting here with these new rules. I am 100% sure that Disney does not care if grandma gives little Johnny boy her band to ride SM,, as the ride is too much for her.. of course said Grandma must be in the park.. If we get so techincal then we can also ask the question is it allowed for Grandma to let little Johnny boy eat a Mickey Bar using her snack credits???

They are not new rules, just new IT to adhere to old rules. Your example is not one that is part of the issue.

Your description and other poster I quoted are NOT part of the issue. Yes you may trade MB in the park if both parties are in the park aka scanned their ticket to enter.

This is to the detriment of other guest who cannot find rooms for legitimate bookings and offsite guests who cannot secure Fastpasses or ADRs.

The bookings are available to all. If anyone waits too long and there is no longer availability, that is not the fault of the person who booked a throwaway room. This is not a loophole.

Your description and other poster I quoted are NOT part of the issue. Yes you may trade MB in the park if both parties are in the park aka scanned their ticket to enter.

Then what IS the issue that can't be discussed?

I haven't been involved in the big in depth discussions and am only now becoming aware, because of threads like this, that there's something out there not to be discussed. And it's maddening lol. What isn't to be discussed? How do we know about it if we don't know about it?

And if it's against terms of service then how and why is Disney still allowing...whatever it is? And if they are allowing it...why can't it be discussed? If I plan a trip and discover some functionality that I want to ask about, how do I know it's not this thing?

Maddening. You don't know what it is that can't be discussed unless you already were discussing it, and obviously it can still be done or the discussion wouldn't be forbidden. Seems to be some skewed form of catch 22.

Edited to change "trio" to "trip".

I'm with you. Apparently, all change party functions are technically against the terms of service. I have not even found official documentation that the change party function exists, but we know that it does. What are the official "legal" uses? (even if that excludes everything else)

I haven't been involved in the big in depth discussions and am only now becoming aware, because of threads like this, that there's something out there not to be discussed. And it's maddening lol. What isn't to be discussed? How do we know about it if we don't know about it?

And if it's against terms of service then how and why is Disney still allowing...whatever it is? And if they are allowing it...why can't it be discussed? If I plan a trip and discover some functionality that I want to ask about, how do I know it's not this thing?

Maddening. You don't know what it is that can't be discussed unless you already were discussing it, and obviously it can still be done or the discussion wouldn't be forbidden. Seems to be some skewed form of catch 22.

Edited to change "trio" to "trip".
It's like Voldemort from Harry Potter...the thread That shall not be named....

Reminding everyone to stay within the topic of this thread "Change Party Fast Passes" nothing else should be discussed in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter