• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do Brazilian tour groups stay in Disney resorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we stayed at POFQ and there was a lot of tour groups at our hotel. We found going back to the pool early afternoon we would avoid the groups and head back to the park about 4 pm.

The one evening we decided to stay at the pool we ended up leaving the pool early because it was not relaxing. We went to DTD.

I understand. I was just wondering why that specific group was focused on.
Thanks.

Probably because they've earned their reputation over the years.

Lots of groups from all different nationalities visit WDW all the time, yet you don't hear much about any of them except for this particular group. Well....and of course the cheerleaders/pop warner crowd.

Probably because they've earned their reputation over the years.

Lots of groups from all different nationalities visit WDW all the time, yet you don't hear much about any of them except for this particular group. Well....and of course the cheerleaders/pop warner crowd.

OK. I get it.

Are they around during the end of February?

We were there over President's Day weekend and did see a few tour groups (couldn't tell specifically where they were from, Brazil, Argentina, cheerleaders, etc). It seemed to be the same group over and over, so there probably aren't as many as you'd see in January or July.

We are at the airport after just checking out of the Poly. We were there July 11-today. There were Brazilian Tour groups at the Poly, two different that I saw. As for the pool, they weren't at the pool during the day but rather late at night. We didn't have any issues with them at the resort but they did clog up the parks. Like others have said, we just turned the other way.

We also stayed at the poly, last week did not see any yellow blue red t-shirts at poly,
but I can tell you my daughter was in line at MK (10;30am) wait time 10 minutes tour group showed up with fast pass 450 fast passes wait time jumped up to 120 minutes. How where they able to get 450 fast passes since the park opens at 9am. I really think Disney takes care of them. I would never go back to Disney now that I know they are in there in July and December. I will give my poly report on the poly thread.

We were in the parks last early July, stayed offsite, and had to deal with the BTGs. They were very hard to deal with. Like the previous poster said, how does an entire group of that size get FPs all at the same time. We saw it happen over and over and over again last year. Wait times would go from reasonable with two small children to just down right ridiculous once the groups showed up.

We also did not get to do Fantasmic last year because both shows were full/no seats because of BTGs.

That same day, (HS) my daughters wanted Pizza Planet, and we went late hoping to avoid the lunch rush. All seats upstairs and down were taken by BTGs.

We were there for a week and for the most part we were able to avoid them, but our day at HS was a disaster. All FPs for Toy Story were gone by mid-morning, FPs for all others were gone by noon, wait times for everything were 90 plus minutes, RnR was over 2 hours. We did not get to do Toy Story or RnR, ToT only once. Based on our past experiences in the park, this was a very bad experience for us.

We go again in 1 week and hope to be able to avoid them every day if possible.

I'm kinda wondering how many tour groups, Brazilian or otherwise, will be around at the end of July/early August? We're prepared for them, I just would like to know what to expect. Anybody go at that time of year and what was your experience like?

The only bad experience I've had with large groups was in April '09, with the cheerleaders. They usually stay at the All Stars, but there were soooo many of them that year they spilled over to CBR (where we happened to be). The first part of our trip was great, the second half, not so much because of the cheerleaders. They were loudly practicing their routines late into the night, left trash EVERYWHERE, filled the buses (especially from the parks, where a few would be waiting in line and then just as a bus pulled up, like 100 of them would jump in line with the ones that had been waiting. We finally said something, and I think those that jumped in line were made to wait.), and filled the pools. Although one of the life guards did tell me that Disney was very strict on them at the pools, that they weren't allowed to practice or horseplay in the pools. If they did, they got one warning...if they kept doing it, their entire team was kicked out of the competition. So other than the pools being pretty full of teens, we didn't have issues with them being wild while in there.

I understand. I was just wondering why that specific group was focused on.
Thanks.

for behavior reasons. Too many groups show up with hordes of under-chaperoned teenagers (and sadly,adults) who feel it's ok to shove,push,and cut in lines. I haven't had to read about it,I traveled for 15 years in Jan. only to the World.
They are singled out on these boards b/c overall they have a dismal record for behavior. I assume there *might* be a few involved who have decent manners, but not that I have seen.
I have had to personally deal with more than a few unruly groups of kids-all of them from that country-and it's not enjoyable in HUGE numbers all at once.
And I also assume there are probably other groups with unruly participants,but not in such large,and predictably badly behaved numbers,year after year.
BTW I avoid Pop Warner groups for the same reason....though the couple of times we encountered them,there was no shoving or rude behavior going on.....
Yes, people misbehave on their own too....but multiply that x100 and it's chaotic-

We just got back and the tour groups were AWFUL.

We did stay at POFQ and didn't see a single tour group there. It is in the parks where the problems occur and if you happened to be staying at a hotel where these groups are you are SCREWED in terms of bus transportation.

As for asking why these groups are being singled out is they are all wearing shirts with Brazil on them that match. They choose to be a group (in a uniform of sorts) so will be judged as groups.

They walk 4 or 5 across, which takes up a nice chunk of the pathway and won't move. Many had over 100 kids with three chaperones and most of them work for the tour company so they don't care at all about anyone other than than the tour group.

I saw these kids taunting people, flipping off other groups, just running over people posing for photopass pics, not to mention taking up the ENTIRE main street for parades. They even sit it the walkways where it is clearly marked to keep it clear.

I am a HS teacher and deal with 15 year olds all the time and see nothing close to this. Our band went to WDW in the spring and basically were allowed to break into small groups most of the time and only had to meet for certain activities. They did not walk together as a group, trying to intimidate everyone.

I got picked to do a survey and let WDW know how I felt. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER even think about going there in July EVER, EVER again. I have my family under strict orders to get me medicated immediately if I even suggest it.

June has kids on senior trips, which is annoying, but isn't even parking lot, let alone ballpark for how irritating these tour groups are.

Trust me, it isn't just me. After a few days I started listening to people and the folks from the US, Canada and Britan were unanimous.

I refuse to be politically correct on this because this is an observable, repeated behavior that happens every year. All we can do is complain and make Disney do something about it and only go in July if you escape from an insane asylum!

I absolutely agree with you. Two years ago we made a mistake of going to Disney at the end of July--never again--we witnessed that exact behavior. We had run into their groups every single day, at every single park regardless of the time of the day. Luckily there were none at our hotel, we had stayed at the Grand Floridian. We witnessed them getting hundreds of fast passes at a time, extreme lines to the point where my kids just wanted to return to our hotel because it was not worth standing in line for 2 hours just to get on one ride. We have witnessed different groups over the years including the cheerleaders and none of them were as rude and as wild as the BTG.

Large numbers of South American tour groups (not just Brazil, but Paraguay and Uruguay and Argentina as well) were staying at the All-Star Music and All-Star Sports around the Fourth of July weekend.

I was at All-Star Music and ended up being upgraded to a family suite. I think that may be because they were using the regular rooms to house the groups. These groups are large numbers (appeared to be about 70-100 per group, hardly ever fewer than 50) of teens age 15-16 with relatively few adult chaperones. One group at Epcot seemed to be at least 200 teenage girls carrying identical pink backpacks. When you see the groups in the park, they all travel together in a clump, enter ride lines together, send someone with all their tickets to get 150 fastpasses at the same time, enter restaurants together, and temporarily overwhelm wherever they end up just by their sheer numbers. The only way to avoid getting stuck behind a tour group is to leave, come back later, and hope another tour group didn't try for the same place.

I did not consider the groups at Music to be particularly ill-behaved. I spent four nights there. If you got to the food court at the same time they did, it meant there were a lot of people in the food court all trying to get in line at the same time, but that was about it. I did not notice them descending en masse on the pools and didn't encounter big groups of them on the buses, a few here and there. They had charter transportation that took them to the parks.

Disney has apparently assigned CMs in green shirts to act as guides and assistants to the tour groups. Don't know if that helps.

BRAZIL?! THE SAME THING HAPPENS WITH AMERICANS IN EUROPE!!!

First everyone here is complaining about “teenagers” or “foreigners” in this case from Brazil – the point I would like to make is that in this case it is teenagers from Brazil but the same thing is done by teenagers from Oklahoma, Florida or California.....I guess the first issue is that when there is a group of 5 teenagers from Kentucky and 1 or 2 friends cut the line - it is not such a big deal.

When you have a group of 50 and 10 more cut the line - it really makes an impact. Not really sure how to handle this when it is "teenager" behavior - not sure why Brazil is being singled out other than U.S. center of the universe thinking....

Also it seems that the problems seems to be more prevalent at the more moderate resorts and more acute in particular times of the year – like July. So knowing that either stay off property or at a different resort or go a different time of the year…stop crying!

Disney does not “belong” to people from Iowa, Florida or Colorado and people from all over the world come and yes teenagers from all over the world come (as well as local teens from the U.S.) and they are ALL loud, make a mess and generally are disruptive. Again the issue is that it is easy to refer to them as one large group because they visually (T-Shirts) all look the same. If 25 people walked up to the fast pass at the same time you wouldn’t notice anything – but 25 people all wearing yellow t-shirts it looks a lot worse. The fast pass system stops giving out passes once a finite number has been reached…so they are not getting any special treatment.

When I have travelled to Europe – Paris, Rome, Barcelona – busses of AMERICANS pull up and tie up the line to get into the Eiffel Tower or all of a sudden a group of fat poorly dressed people with sneakers show up to Moulin Rouge when the ticket strictly says semi-formal attire….and I am EMBARASSED to be an American….

So…..it happens everywhere. Disney AND the Louvre….any I have had plenty of experiences myself like having a bunch of people with Cowboy hats cut me in line when I was waiting to get into the London Eye…..happens everywhere that large groups of “foreigners” travel.

Heck – I have been walking down the street in New York and a pack of teenagers from “somewhere, USA” barrel down a not so broad New York City street making it impossible to walk down the sidewalk or worse they cross the street locking arms and two go to cross and three stay behind and they ALL end up in the middle of the street where a taxi almost hits them….

(SIGH) So…..I just think this is something that happens when large groups travel anywhere. All we can do is try to speak to our own kids to make sure they don’t do it, behave well and clean up after themselves.

As I stated in the beginning – go at a different time, stay at a different resort or as I do – stay out of Times Square just before Broadway shows start at 8PM because it is packed full of teenagers/tourists stopping and taking pictures in front of me, making a mess and getting in everyone’s way….roll with it….tourists happen….:)

We just got back and the tour groups were AWFUL.

We did stay at POFQ and didn't see a single tour group there. It is in the parks where the problems occur and if you happened to be staying at a hotel where these groups are you are SCREWED in terms of bus transportation.

As for asking why these groups are being singled out is they are all wearing shirts with Brazil on them that match. They choose to be a group (in a uniform of sorts) so will be judged as groups.

They walk 4 or 5 across, which takes up a nice chunk of the pathway and won't move. Many had over 100 kids with three chaperones and most of them work for the tour company so they don't care at all about anyone other than than the tour group.

I saw these kids taunting people, flipping off other groups, just running over people posing for photopass pics, not to mention taking up the ENTIRE main street for parades. They even sit it the walkways where it is clearly marked to keep it clear.

I am a HS teacher and deal with 15 year olds all the time and see nothing close to this. Our band went to WDW in the spring and basically were allowed to break into small groups most of the time and only had to meet for certain activities. They did not walk together as a group, trying to intimidate everyone.

I got picked to do a survey and let WDW know how I felt. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER even think about going there in July EVER, EVER again. I have my family under strict orders to get me medicated immediately if I even suggest it.

June has kids on senior trips, which is annoying, but isn't even parking lot, let alone ballpark for how irritating these tour groups are.

Trust me, it isn't just me. After a few days I started listening to people and the folks from the US, Canada and Britan were unanimous.

I refuse to be politically correct on this because this is an observable, repeated behavior that happens every year. All we can do is complain and make Disney do something about it and only go in July if you escape from an insane asylum!

First everyone here is complaining about “teenagers” or “foreigners” in this case from Brazil – the point I would like to make is that in this case it is teenagers from Brazil but the same thing is done by teenagers from Oklahoma, Florida or California.....I guess the first issue is that when there is a group of 5 teenagers from Kentucky and 1 or 2 friends cut the line - it is not such a big deal.

When you have a group of 50 and 10 more cut the line - it really makes an impact. Not really sure how to handle this when it is "teenager" behavior - not sure why Brazil is being singled out other than U.S. center of the universe thinking....

Also it seems that the problems seems to be more prevalent at the more moderate resorts and more acute in particular times of the year – like July. So knowing that either stay off property or at a different resort or go a different time of the year…stop crying!

Disney does not “belong” to people from Iowa, Florida or Colorado and people from all over the world come and yes teenagers from all over the world come (as well as local teens from the U.S.) and they are ALL loud, make a mess and generally are disruptive. Again the issue is that it is easy to refer to them as one large group because they visually (T-Shirts) all look the same. If 25 people walked up to the fast pass at the same time you wouldn’t notice anything – but 25 people all wearing yellow t-shirts it looks a lot worse. The fast pass system stops giving out passes once a finite number has been reached…so they are not getting any special treatment.

When I have travelled to Europe – Paris, Rome, Barcelona – busses of AMERICANS pull up and tie up the line to get into the Eiffel Tower or all of a sudden a group of fat poorly dressed people with sneakers show up to Moulin Rouge when the ticket strictly says semi-formal attire….and I am EMBARASSED to be an American….

So…..it happens everywhere. Disney AND the Louvre….any I have had plenty of experiences myself like having a bunch of people with Cowboy hats cut me in line when I was waiting to get into the London Eye…..happens everywhere that large groups of “foreigners” travel.

Heck – I have been walking down the street in New York and a pack of teenagers from “somewhere, USA” barrel down a not so broad New York City street making it impossible to walk down the sidewalk or worse they cross the street locking arms and two go to cross and three stay behind and they ALL end up in the middle of the street where a taxi almost hits them….

(SIGH) So…..I just think this is something that happens when large groups travel anywhere. All we can do is try to speak to our own kids to make sure they don’t do it, behave well and clean up after themselves.

As I stated in the beginning – go at a different time, stay at a different resort or as I do – stay out of Times Square just before Broadway shows start at 8PM because it is packed full of teenagers/tourists stopping and taking pictures in front of me, making a mess and getting in everyone’s way….roll with it….tourists happen….:)

I don't disagree with a lot of what you posted, but making a statement like the bolded one is quite inflammatory. Why the heck would you say that??

Last summer we were at Pop and there was a BTG there. Honestly though, they were hardly noticeable. Now the American high school aged drama group that ran though the halls knocking on doors at midnight was another story. They were downright obnoxious. The American kids also liked to see who could pull the most tops off the girls in the group at the pool.

We get this in Washington DC too, every spring and summer. Groups of about 100 kids waiting to go through the metal detector in the museums. The way to avoid them is just to wait until they are finished but in general I just don't try to get into the museums that time of year. This isn't the Washington DC discussion board or that might have been brought up before now.

Wow, being your post count is just 2 I was going to say "Welcome", but not sure you even want to be here with that kind of post.

No one is crying. I simply asked a question to better prepare myself for our upcoming trip. I've never been in July, and I didn't realize this is when the tour groups tend to visit. In my 15 or so trips we've never encountered any tour groups. I asked for advice or experiences, and other posters answered. I see nothing wrong with people stating their experience, I don't see it as "crying".

And by the way if I were asking about tour groups, of any nationality, in Europe, I would have appreciated your input. The fact is I asked about the notorious tour groups from Brazil in WDW, not because I have anything against them, because I am headed to WDW and I know they are currently touring, and I've heard tons of bad experiences regarding them. When a group of individuals earn their reputation I don't understand why those who complain or ask about it are the ones who are "wrong" for signaling them out.

I'm a little worried about my January 6-10 trip now. I forgot about the BTG. Maybe I'll push it back to early May.

From what I've been reading they seem to stay at All Stars because they have the most amount of rooms in one place. Same with CBR because now POR has the royal rooms and POFQ is too small and CSR is a convention resort. That doesn't mean they won't stay anywhere/everywhere though.

They stay at Coronado in December. We have been down there several years and had them as neighbors while there. It doesn't matter if it's a convention resort or a deluxe resort. If they need the space, they'll book the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter