Do all parties have to be in the park before we can make a same day DAS reservation?

JimDoerfler

Earning My Ears
My husband's disability means he often isn't able to get to the park until late morning (and I am there at rope drop). As a member of the travel party, am I able to book a same-day entrance time for the whole party (6 of us) before he scans in at the front gate? What if he is there with me but my mother is not at the park yet? Can I put the whole on the queue for something like Rise of the Resistance early in the day so we can do it as soon as everyone else arrives?

I'm pretty sure that the DAS holder has to be in the park before you can book a return time; since the DAS allows a virtual wait, they can't enter begin a wait unless they're actually in the park. Additionally, I don't think that you can put anyone else on a return time unless they are also in the park.

My husband's disability means he often isn't able to get to the park until late morning (and I am there at rope drop). As a member of the travel party, am I able to book a same-day entrance time for the whole party (6 of us) before he scans in at the front gate? What if he is there with me but my mother is not at the park yet? Can I put the whole on the queue for something like Rise of the Resistance early in the day so we can do it as soon as everyone else arrives?
Everyone who is going to be on a DAS return time must scan into the park first, before being selectable on the MDE app for the return time. After scanning, any of the guests may leave the park and come back later, though.

Everyone who is going to be on a DAS return time must scan into the park first, before being selectable on the MDE app for the return time. After scanning, any of the guests may leave the park and come back later, though.
Yes.
The DAS registered Guest and any other members of the group need to be in the park before a DAS Return Time can be made including them.
After scheduling the DAS Return Time, any of the guests may leave the park and come back later.
When using the DAS Return Time, the DAS registered Guest needs to scan into the attraction before the other guests.
If one of the other guests doesn’t ride/doesn’t scan in, you won’t be able to make another DAS Return Time without removing that person from the DAS Return Time. CMs at the Guest Experience umbrellas can help with that

If your husband has the DAS he has to be scanned into the park before DAS times can be made. His photo pops up when he scans in to use the DAS for a ride so he has to scan in (others in the party don’t have a pic taken so you can switch magicbands/ticket media around) in a sense you could he is the one that matters. He has to be present for rides and at the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter