Do all Cat:11 have the pull down Berth?

Ethelina

Mouseketeer
I know this is probably been asked before....but DS (7) wants to sleep on the "pull out bed in the wall". In the PassPorter it says that our room is on deck 6 and sleeps 3. We will have 2 adults, 7, & 1.5 year old.

Thanks for any help.
E

If you are in a stateroom with 4 people booked, I am sure they will have beds for 4. Except for the higher cats. I think all staterooms that sleep 4 have the pull down bed. The kids do just love that top bunk. I have to let them take turns.

Joanna

Mjasp is correct - if you book at cat 11 for four people, there will be a pull down berth.

In Jan, 2003, on the Wonder, three of us were in cat 11 on deck 7 that did not have a pull down berth (I am at work, so I do not have my paperwork with the cabin number for that cruise).

On August 28, 2003, we were on the three day Wonder again. This time, we had our nephew with us and our cat 11 cabin had the pull down berth to accomodate the four of us. So I would not worry. And as Mjasp said, the kids all love to sleep up there!

Kathy

I also should have added that our group had cat 11 cabins 6543, 6541 and 6537. All had the pull down berth on the Wonder.

We are in 6605, 6607, 6609, 6611 Big group sailing. But we are the only ones that have kids. I wasn't sure if our 1.5 year old is considered full person.

Thanks Again,
E

Oh my!!!! On my very first DCL cruise on the Wonder our family traveling with friends were in 6609 and 6611. I can assure you both rooms have the pull-down berth. Enjoy!

I'm currently thinking happy thoughts of that cruise...only 122 more days til the Magic:cool:

Hi: We had 2 Cat. 11 rooms on the Wonder this summer and both had futons, no pull downs. Jan

My DS is so excited to hear about the pull down bed! If you don't mind, what can you tell me about these rooms?? I am sure we will be happy with them but would love a little feedback on good location, noise level, hallway traffic, laundry near-by, motion ( we stayed on Deck 2 before), anything else you can add would be great!!

Thanks for any Advice
E

Ethelina,

As you can tell by my posts I am a late night poster for the most part:) Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. First of all we loved the location!!! The room itselt is comfortably snug for four people. Plenty of room in the first two-thirds of the room. My husband and I (and all of our luggage:D ) found the queen bid a little snug with not a lot of room on the side. Not a problem!!!! We just hopped onto the bed from the foot of the bed. We were still able to watch TV and not disturb the kids. For the most part we slept like rocks! It is very dark with lights out and hard to determine what time of day it is....great for catching up on lost sleep from our week long disney vacation.

However, I did say for the most part...when we cruised we had VERY rough seas (20 foot swells). We cruised in early November and from what I have read 20 foot swells are pretty abnormal. That night we heard stuff falling/breaking. It was one night and absolutely did not wake either our or our friends kids up. I have done a few cruises since and this was BY FAR the roughest the seas had been. We cruised a different cruise line for my 30th B-day and were not able to tender due to 8 foot swells! DCL made it to all ports of call no problem (a definite advantaqe for being able to dock at Castaway Cay!!!

I really liked the location, very close to the kid's programs and close to all decks that have activities.

Since the 6609/6611 experience I cruised verandah in cat 6 and have an upcaming cruise on deck 8 in Cat 3. What I can tell you is the difference between cat 11 and cat 6 is that the the queen bed is turned so you can walk by it to the verandah and the split bathroom. It is a difference but not near as dramatic as going to a cat 3 room.

As far as I'm concerned, all DCL rooms are awesome!!! When we did not cruise DCL cruises the rooms (even with a porthole/verandah) do not come close in comparison!

Once again, I loved 6611 (my room...identical to 6609) my kids were 4 and 6. We did not have a split bathroom and it definitely was not an issue. However, who got to sleep on the top bunk?was a huge decision point:p

I will look for photos to scan and send in the next week or so. I know have some but don't know if I have the times to dig for them:) I own and run my own business and grap DIS Board time when I can!!!!

I love the DIS Boards, very full of inormation on anything you need to know;)

Please feel free to ask any more questions on this location...even though we had noise on 1 night, it did not distrub our children and we otherwise LOVED it. We were on DCL...how could we not!!!

Did you have enough space for all of your clothes, for 4 people, that really is the only thing that I am concerned about, it seems that Cat 10 have a lot more storage....

AmyM,
Thanks for all your great info!! We had sailed before in 1999 had Cat:11 on Deck 2. I just couldn't remember about the berth. We had our DS on couch at that time. I can remember feeling the ship sway a little before and it was a little noisy(when docking). We were unable to dock at CC so they exchanged day-at-sea with CC on schedule. I think the height of waves were 18ft. So, I guess it was a little rough. I didn't know because this was our 1st cruise. Do they still list the wave height on a certain TV channel?

Christinou, Great question about storage.

Thanks Again,
Ethelina

christinou,

We were a 'little' cramped for storage room. What we ended up doing was putting some luggage on the sides of my husband and my bed. However, we did have a LOT of luggage (don't remember exactly how much). We spent 7 nights at WDW before going on the cruise so we did have a quite a few clothes with us. We did not wash clothes at all during our vacation.

Ethelina,

Yes, they still post sea conditions on one of the channels (or at least they did last November)!

Happy Cruising!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter