• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do ADULTS REALLY dress up for Pirate Night?

Do adults dress up for Pirate night?

• I always dress up for pirate night

• Newbie but I plan to dress up for pirate night

• Not my thing - I don't dress up.

• Never have - Never will. Its for kids!

Results are only viewable after voting.
We always dress up! Hubby and I have spent several years perfecting our pirate costumes, and we're always looking for a place to wear them!

IMG_2563.jpg

I enjoy getting dressed up for pirate night but I don't necessarily do it all the time. When I first started cruising with Disney I would wear a pirated themed shirt and after my third or fourth cruise I started wearing a complete professional pirate costume. Like I had mentioned I don't do it all the time primarily because my pirate costume requires it's own suitcase and I will not bring it if I have to fly for my cruise.

A lot of adults dressed up at least a little for pirate night.

On our last cruise in August I bought really nice pirate costumes for all of us and it was a lot of fun - got a lot of compliments from CMs and other guests .. we were then covered for Halloween too.

Last time we cruised, my DD (then 4) was the only one who dressed up. For this cruise, I am making pirate shirts for our family to wear. My DD may also accent it with the hat from her old costume. DH will probably wear the bandana DCL hands out.
I think people should do whatever they want to. If you don't think it's fun to dress up then don't. If you do want to, go for it! A vacation for for relaxing and having fun.

I guess I'm much more reserved but do ADULTS really dress up as pirates?

I'd feel very self conscience and perhaps a bit silly.

If I lose my freaking belly fat I will! I'd love to but IMO it needs to look right. Right now it wouldn't on me :lmao:. But I've seen adults of all shapes and sizes pull it off. I might try it in September just to see how it looks.

I think part of the pull of Disney is for everyone to feel like a kid again. I know that's part of the pull for me. Just have fun.

On our first DCL we didn't even know that it was suggested to dress up, so we missed out other than the bandana. This time will be different. We have signed my DS up for the Pirates League. The plan is that while he is getting himself turned into a pirate, I will sneak off to the room to put on my pirate costume. This will be a complete surpise to him. I'm currently working on the DW as well as DGM to dress up as well. I can't wait!

I guess I'm much more reserved but do ADULTS really dress up as pirates?

I'd feel very self conscience and perhaps a bit silly.

If you want to call us "Adults", yes we do. It is vacation. Time to let go and enjoy yourself. Act like a kid!

Wow, that is a cool pirates attire!
I purchased a pirate outfit at the "Pirates of the Carribbean"-Store in DL Paris. With 3-corner-hat etc. Unfortunately I forgot to pack the prepared costume - the only thing I really left at home. Bummer. So the pirate bandanas our waiters gave us had to do. I felt underdressed - all the other people seemed to wear full pirate attire!

DWD-120921-SunsetMickey8x10-5986772_GPR_zps9d6820b9.jpg

Here's a photo from my last cruise. Yes, adults do have fun dressed up as pirates.

And believe it or not, some of us have fun WITHOUT dressing up. It's 100% possible.

Pirate Night is one of the most fun dress-ups for us. We didn't do it on the EBTA because of baggage space, but we have done it every other time. Same costume for us -- over and over. The boys obviously need to get new ones as they grow, but I just wait for sales and stock up.

I got a pirate costume 6+ years ago for a Halloween party we organized. Glad I didn't give it away or throw it out. Wore it on both cruises I've been to.

A slight tangent on the topic:

Question: How do pirates know that they are pirates?
Answer: They think, therefore they ARRRR!!!!!

I know dressing up isn't for everyone, but as a theater girl, I live for the chance to wear a costume! I would feel left out if I didn't have one, honestly.

ry%3D480

This was in 2005- haven't had the chance to do a Disney cruise since then.

We participate by wearing "pirate gear" ...I would love to dress up in full pirate regalia someday...but never have the packing space and anyone willing to join me...guess I'll have to wait 15 years for grandkids...lol

I've loved all these responses!! Its great seeing all the fun memories everyone has made!

Thanks for sharing and hope you will continue to.

A slight tangent on the topic:

Question: How do pirates know that they are pirates?
Answer: They think, therefore they ARRRR!!!!!

THAT.IS.AWESOME!!!!!

We sailed Magic last year. The entire family dressed up including the Grandparents. They said it was so much fun to be apart of the theme! My mom beamed when a guy told her how much he liked her costume! We had a blast and will be doing it again this year on the Wonder if they have a pirate night. I would say that there were more adults than children dressed up. Some with very elaborate costumes. I say if you even think you might like to dress up, do it! We had a blast and have wonderful memories! We even tipped in chocolate treasure coins that night. The staff loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter