DME

an hour to an hour and a half-depending on the order of stops.

We have been first maybe 3/4 times out of over 20 trips. But all the resorts will be in the same area - at least in our experience. Right now, with not every resort open-I would say a little over an hour.

It varies depending on the resort, time of day, wtc...

For example, March 2020 I arrived at MCO at like 7:00 am. I was staying at Pop Century which shared a bus with Art of Animation. There was no line when I arrived at DME, and it took less that 15 minutes from when I checked in, to when the bus pulled off. It took like 30 minutes to arrive at Pop Century..

I would say, plan about no more than an hour at the minimum...

Plan on at least two hours. Yes, it's POSSIBLE it will take an hour, PROBABLE it will take about 90 minutes, but maximum would be 2 hours. And this is from when you get off the plane, not when you get to DME and not when the bus leaves.

Once you get to DME, budget about 90 minutes and you should be fine. It's POSSIBLE for <1 hour.

Average time is 90 minutes, as mentioned. The commute itself is about 30 minutes, but there's a lot of variables that can increase the time - how long is the line to check in, how long is the line to your resort (i.e. will you have to wait for the next bus), how long do you have to wait for your bus to start boarding your line, how long do you have to wait on the bus for others to board, how many stops are before yours, and how long will each stop take while the driver unloads luggage. If all of that is working in your favor, it could take only about an hour. If its working against you, it can take 2+ hours which we have experienced.

We used DME in October and while the bus was only half full due to social distancing, there was a bit of added time since the driver has to load and unload everyone's luggage. They've had to do that in the past too, but its significantly more now that there's no more luggage delivery. The line to check into DME took us about 10 minutes to get through, we were first in line for our bus and waited about 20 minutes for it, only waited a few mins for others to board, and then our resort (CBR) happened to be the first stop. So our experience during the current operating procedure was about 75 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter