DME Luggage Experience

Luggage delivery is quoted to take 3-4 hours after you check-in. If you land at 9pm, it takes about 90 minutes to get to your resort from landing to walking in, so figure 10:30 or so you'd get there. That means your luggage would be delivered 1:30-2:30am, or possibly later which is not uncommon. You can request to have your luggage held until morning if you don't want to be disturbed that late, but I've heard that sometimes people are disturbed anyway. I'd probably take the extra 30-40 minutes at the airport and collect my own bags so you don't have to wait.

I've never used this service, but is it that they pick up your bags for you at baggage claim and deliver them later? We've never done DME before, I've always called a car service. Too impatient to wait on the bus!
ve

I've never used this service, but is it that they pick up your bags for you at baggage claim and deliver them later? We've never done DME before, I've always called a car service. Too impatient to wait on the bus!
ve

Yep! Your luggage is tagged with yellow Disney tags and they pick it up and deliver it to your hotel room for you (so you can bypass baggage claim). We're using the service on Sunday for the first time - we land at 9 am, so our bags should be in the room by the time we go to bed.

I have been a proponent of letting DME handle your bags, but I'm a little leery after our recent experience. Only one bag with all our bedtime stuff and toiletries. Arrived at MCO at 4:40 PM. Called about missing bag at 9 PM. Was told that MCO still had the bag with no DME tag on it. I put the tag on myself very carefully. Never got the bag until morning when I called again and the DME tag I put on was missing. Those things have to be cut off. The don't just fall off. Kind of tarnished the experience for me as it seems that someone was being less than truthful with me.

I always get my own bags to bring with me. Not all that hard to go to the carousel and at least I know that the bags have arrived. then when I go to the resort that is one less issue to worry about.

I always get my own bags to bring with me. Not all that hard to go to the carousel and at least I know that the bags have arrived. then when I go to the resort that is one less issue to worry about.

I usually get my own bags, but we're two able-bodied adults with one rolling suitcase each. I do caution anyone who has more than one bag per person, children, or elderly. I fly in on Southwest and usually have to go down to baggage claim on side A, collect my luggage, go back up to the next floor, cross the atrium to side B where DME is, and then back down to ground level, and then walk the long hallway to DME. It's a long walk with heavy bags.

I have been a proponent of letting DME handle your bags, but I'm a little leery after our recent experience. Only one bag with all our bedtime stuff and toiletries. Arrived at MCO at 4:40 PM. Called about missing bag at 9 PM. Was told that MCO still had the bag with no DME tag on it. I put the tag on myself very carefully. Never got the bag until morning when I called again and the DME tag I put on was missing. Those things have to be cut off. The don't just fall off. Kind of tarnished the experience for me as it seems that someone was being less than truthful with me.

When you arrive at MCO doesn't factor. When you check in at your resort does. That is when the time window of 3-4 hours starts. So at 9 pm your bag wasn't missing. It just hadn't been delivered yet. It could be that a less than honest person at the airport cut your tag off.

Is JetBlue on the same side as DME ?

We like the idea of getting our own bags (DH does not trust too many people handling our bags - he has to trust JetBlue luggage handlers)
So we have always taken a car service.

But DME sounds like a nice alternative, if we stay at a WDW resort.

So we could get our bags and have them loaded on a DME bus.

JetBlue is in the A Terminal and DME is in the B Terminal, so you'd have to be prepared to walk across the airport with your bags in tow. I think its worth it to have your bags right away (we like to unpack when we arrive) but as I mention above, its a lengthy walk with heavy bags, lots of bags, etc.

We like the idea of getting our own bags (DH does not trust too many people handling our bags - he has to trust JetBlue luggage handlers)
So we have always taken a car service.

But DME sounds like a nice alternative, if we stay at a WDW resort.

So we could get our bags and have them loaded on a DME bus.

Jetblue is on the A side. The Magical Express buses are on the B side. So you will have to go down and get your bags, then haul them back up and over to side B. And then down again to where the ME buses are.

I love, love, lover the service. I always fly in the morning though. We go straight to the parks and once we get "home" our luggage is waiting for us. If you need some luggage, then I would just grab your bags, otherwise you should be fine!

the DME tag I put on was missing. Those things have to be cut off.

While I agree that falling off is unlikely, we always just pull those tags off. We've never had to cut them. I could easily see a scenario where the tag was caught on the conveyor belt machinery in the bowels of the airport and the tag was pulled off that way.

Thanks all... I have another question. We still haven't received our luggage tags (the yellow ones that you attach to your suitcases). I called DME and they said that a package was sent out on February 13th...but what happens if we don't receive them in time, or don't receive enough ( I had requested 4). Does DME still pick up our bags? If so, how do they recognize them? I imagine we have to inform someone of how many bags we have...

Yes your bags are still picked up. When you check in on the bus give them your baggage claim tickets.
what will happen is after all the bags are pulled off and put on the claim table the unclaimed bags will be checked against the tags disney has if disney has the tag number they grab it and get it to you

Yeahhhh about that late night arrival after a day of delays.. Ruined night #1 for us last January. Maybe not ruined but definitely a little less magic in it all. I was SO excited about using DME and I bragged about it for weeks prior lol. We brought our own luggage to them and it rode with us to POP. Happy Travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter