• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR Vets: What are your top 3 not to be missed experiences?

There were characters in Fantasyland this last Sunday morning. We saw Captain Hook and Wendy walking together. Also saw Aladdin, Merida and Gaston wandering around.
Gaston was the funniest character we’ve seen. He was “arguing” with a five or six year old kid saying he was going to marry Belle. Reminding everyone how handsome he is. Hilarious.
Edited to change princess. 🤦‍♀️ Too many pain meds if I'm confusing the princesses.

Last edited:
Top 3 special "experiences" for me:

1. People watching while seated on a bench at the hub with a corn dog in hand, listening to all the sounds and smelling all the smells the park has to offer
2. Gifting a deserving child a pair of Mickey / Minnie ears just because they're being good
3. Sitting at The Hungry Bear overlooking The Rivers of America with an ice cold Coke in one hand and popcorn in the other.

I like to grab a Tigger Tail from whatever the Pooh gift shop is called.

I like to get a cone from Salt and Straw to eat on the way back to the room for the night.

Fried Chicken at Plaza Inn.

This was a grim reminder that all I do at DL is eat 🙃
I've compiled a list of non-ride things to do from here and other threads. I showed it to DS, he says Let me guess, food?
Hey it's only 2/3 food items. :rolleyes1

I like to grab a Tigger Tail from whatever the Pooh gift shop is called.

I like to get a cone from Salt and Straw to eat on the way back to the room for the night.

Fried Chicken at Plaza Inn.

This was a grim reminder that all I do at DL is eat 🙃
Love the Tigger Tails from Pooh Corner. And they went back to the orange chocolate!

1. An after hours event. (Oogie Boogie) 2. World of color dessert party. The food was fun and I love that I can continue to play in the park and not wait for a spot for a long time before the show. 3.Blue Bayou Fantasmic dinner dining package where we can sit in the front on the ground. Same reason as 2 and my kids can actually see the show.

1. An after hours event. (Oogie Boogie) 2. World of color dessert party. The food was fun and I love that I can continue to play in the park and not wait for a spot for a long time before the show. 3.Blue Bayou Fantasmic dinner dining package where we can sit in the front on the ground. Same reason as 2 and my kids can actually see the show.

I am debating right now if we want to do the dinner package at Blue Bayou. I know we will be eating there FOR SURE as it's our first DLR trip just wasn't sure about the cost. I think you may have just tipped the scales that we need to do it for my little one so he can see.

Gaston was the funniest character we’ve seen. He was “arguing” with a five or six year old kid saying he was going to marry Belle. Reminding everyone how handsome he is. Hilarious.
Edited to change princess. 🤦‍♀️ Too many pain meds if I'm confusing the princesses.
My sister and I had a hilarious moment with Gaston! He TOLD us (didn't ask) we were going to get a picture with him and he had my sister stand on one side of him and me on the other. Just as the shot was taken, he raised his arm and flexed so that I was completely blocked out :rotfl:. He continued on in that way and it was so funny! He finally allowed me a picture with him--with my face barely peeking through a little triangular space in, you guessed it, his flexed arm muscle.

These are amazing. I thought the castle walkthrough was just walking through the castle to get to Fantasyland. Didn't know it was a real attraction inside the castle!

Do wandering characters sign autographs?

If memory serves correct, the entry to the walkthrough attraction inside the castle is shortly after you get into Fantasyland. I believe it's on your right near a well.

These are wonderful!!
I don't think I saw one about the pressed pennies? My kids all love them! they're relatively inexpensive souvenirs and are all over the park. We get a mini m&m container and empty it - fill it with 2 quarters and 1 shiny penny, repeat until full. Each kid gets one and can easily make a squished penny souvenir, They sell little books you can keep them in, They love to look at them once we're home and it gives them a nice project before we go.

We love to get lunch on the patio of Cafe Orelans. Same monte Cristo as BB but cheaper, and the pomme frites, and you can people watch!

We like to be in Cartland at sunset. Christmas time is the best.

We go on Monday! SO excited!!

But there’s something about the Mickey shape for me. 💕😂
Before I knew I was allergic to gluten (😭), I would buy the cafe du monde mix and make them at home with my mickey cookie cutter. Best of both worlds!

We live in PDX, where Salt & Straw was born. We love it, but H won't let me get it when we're at Disney because "that's not Disney food, that's home food!"

These are amazing. I thought the castle walkthrough was just walking through the castle to get to Fantasyland. Didn't know it was a real attraction inside the castle!

Do wandering characters sign autographs?
The castle walk through is beautiful. And yes, the wandering characters do autographs, or at least they did pre-pandemic. The wandering characters are my absolute favorite thing about Disneyland. It's magical to be walking along and suddenly be chatting with Alice or make a hand turkey with Peter Pan and Captain Hook on Thanksgiving.

Before I knew I was allergic to gluten (😭), I would buy the cafe du monde mix and make them at home with my mickey cookie cutter. Best of both worlds!
I used to do this when my girls were all at home! We're now empty nesters and I don't make beignets these days. I did want to mention that you can buy the Cafe du Monde mix at World Market and it's a lot cheaper there than at JK in DTD!

These are wonderful!!
I don't think I saw one about the pressed pennies? My kids all love them! they're relatively inexpensive souvenirs and are all over the park. We get a mini m&m container and empty it - fill it with 2 quarters and 1 shiny penny, repeat until full. Each kid gets one and can easily make a squished penny souvenir, They sell little books you can keep them in, They love to look at them once we're home and it gives them a nice project before we go.
Not sure about DLR but a couple weeks ago we were at WDW and all the machines had been changed to provide the penny. They even take credit cards now (but you have to buy more than one to use a credit card).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter