• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR Toys questions

denyd

Mouseketeer
A couple of questions for anyone who might be able to help out an addicted collector.

When at DL on Sunday I spotted some small collectable figures in Star Trader. They had little Jedi Mickeys, Yodas and other Star Wars characters and vehicles. They also had a Disney character sets with Donald, Minnie, Peter Pan, etc. They were being sold in in foil packs of 3-4 figures and each series was labelled as being #3 of 18 sets. Does anyone know how often new sets come out and where it's possible to get past/future sets?

For those who've been to DCA recently, has anyone ordered a kids meal at Burger Invasion (McDonalds)? What are the current toys included? Those might be the best deal in entire resort.

All the sets are different in the bags. So even if you bought 3 bags on the same day, the characters inside will be different with only a small chance of getting duplicates. My son buys a bag almost every week and has only gotten a couple of the same characters.

We've been getting the regular sets since 2003 & only started getting the Star Wars ones this year, but I've never paid attention to the series #, so I'm not sure how often they rotate. They also sell these in the toy store in DCA. Sometimes Star Traders runs out of the Star Wars ones.

As far as the kids meals at DCA McDonalds, they have the 50th Anniversary Disney figurines with the themepark backgrounds. These are the ones that used to be at all McDonald's. On Friday, my kids got Donald Duck.

Hope this helps.
:flower: ,
Katie

:cool1: :wave:

Thank you very much MamaKate.

I'll probably skip the Happy Meal now (I already got DS all the characters from McD) and make a stop at StarTraders on the way to dinner at Redd Rocket's.

:love:

Just to wrap this up DS4 & I made it yesterday to both Star Traders & McDonalds. DS had quite a haul (as usual) as he came home with 3 Chip & Dales (Our 2 Happy Meal toys and one given to him by a nice lady at the next table), 2 yellow block party bash balls, a plush snake given to him by a nice couple because he was soooo cute dancing at the block party bash, plus R2D2, C3PO, Darth Vader & Yoda toys from Star Traders and 2 packs of collectors (Minnie as Leia, Jar Jar & Boba Fett + Mickey's House, Piglet & Hitchhiking Ghost # 1). Daddy will probably 'acquire' the figures for his collection displays. To top it all of he greatly enjoyed 3 parades, the opening of Monsters Inc and spins on the teacups & carousel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter