DLR Summer Discounted Hotel Rooms?

To the topic and promo at hand - unfortunately as a canadian without a US address or SSN I can't apply for a Disney card. Hope they end up expanding it after the Disney Visa holders get first crack at the promo. If memory serves promos for card holders or AP holders are released first and then opened up to others. Here's hoping!

To the topic and promo at hand - unfortunately as a canadian without a US address or SSN I can't apply for a Disney card. Hope they end up expanding it after the Disney Visa holders get first crack at the promo. If memory serves promos for card holders or AP holders are released first and then opened up to others. Here's hoping!
That has been Disney's track record in the past.

Figures the discount starts August 7th when we planned to be at DLR the week prior 😁

Figures the discount starts August 7th when we planned to be at DLR the week prior 😁
I said the exact same, the discount starts after my planned vacation in July. I guess when they release the discounts to the general public, that they will have included a wider range or discount dates.

Looked at the discount (we got an email with a link). I had a standard room already at GCH booked through Costco (so get a $185 gift card plus about $60 credit back on our costco account). There weren't standard rooms available, so I could get a "view" room, but it would only be a net $180 less than my current booking. Which means no savings (because I would loose my gift card). Soooooo, not really a savings for me at this time. Oh well. But, if you were getting a more premium room anyways, may be a good deal.

Looked at the discount (we got an email with a link). I had a standard room already at GCH booked through Costco (so get a $185 gift card plus about $60 credit back on our costco account). There weren't standard rooms available, so I could get a "view" room, but it would only be a net $180 less than my current booking. Which means no savings (because I would loose my gift card). Soooooo, not really a savings for me at this time. Oh well. But, if you were getting a more premium room anyways, may be a good deal.
Assuming you did a "package deal" thru Costco Travel? As I don't see room only on Costco's website??

Assuming you did a "package deal" thru Costco Travel? As I don't see room only on Costco's website??
Yeah, I did a package deal also with the tickets to get the gift card. Costco/Disney portal seems to only do package deal, while you can adjust the tickets a bit you can't remove them completely.

Anyone want to guess if it's likely or not that they open the late summer discount up to the general public? I thought after the Visa members got first dibs they would open it to the public but it looks like the Magic Key Holders are next in line. I have a trip mid August planed so I am crossing my fingers!

Anyone want to guess if it's likely or not that they open the late summer discount up to the general public? I thought after the Visa members got first dibs they would open it to the public but it looks like the Magic Key Holders are next in line. I have a trip mid August planed so I am crossing my fingers!

I just checked my dates and got a promo rate
Valid Travel Dates
Select nights from August 7 through September 29, 2022; travel must be completed by September 30, 2022.

Important Details

Offer: Save up to 25% off select stays of 4-nights or longer at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa or the Disneyland Hotel:

• Must purchase a consecutive 4-night or longer stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa or the Disneyland Hotel, and cancellation of any nights of a stay may affect discount availability.
  • Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room stay at the same hotel, and is valid for most nights from August 7 through September 29, 2022.
  • Book now through September 22, 2022; travel must be completed by September 30, 2022.
  • Room types included in this offer are Standard, Premium, Deluxe and Woods/Garden/Courtyard rooms; select Concierge rooms; and Paradise, Artisan, Junior and Family suites.
  • Not valid for select Concierge rooms, Signature or Premium suites and previously booked rooms.
  • Advance reservations required.
  • Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Excludes applicable fees and taxes.
  • Limit 2 rooms per reservation, and occupancy restrictions apply per room.
  • Additional per-adult charges may apply if more than 2 adults per room.
  • Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers.
  • Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.
  • Separate park admission and park reservation for the same date and the same park is required to enter a theme park, and a hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access.
Offer: Save up to 20% at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, 15% at the Disneyland Hotel or 10% Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, on Standard and Premium rooms:

• Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room type at the same hotel for travel most Sunday through Thursday nights from August 7 through September 29, 2022.
  • Book now through September 22, 2022; travel must be completed by September 30, 2022.
  • Room types included in this offer are Standard, Premium, Deluxe and Woods/Garden/Courtyard rooms; select Concierge rooms; and Paradise, Artisan, Junior and Family suites.
  • Not valid on previously booked rooms.
  • Advance reservations are required.
  • Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.
  • Separate theme park admission and theme park reservation for same date and same park is required to enter a theme park. A hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access.

Woodland view room @ the Grand was $532/night @1Disneylandfan, @Sea of Progress

Last edited:
Valid Travel Dates
Select nights from August 7 through September 29, 2022; travel must be completed by September 30, 2022.

Important Details

Offer: Save up to 25% off select stays of 4-nights or longer at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa or the Disneyland Hotel:

• Must purchase a consecutive 4-night or longer stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa or the Disneyland Hotel, and cancellation of any nights of a stay may affect discount availability.
  • Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room stay at the same hotel, and is valid for most nights from August 7 through September 29, 2022.
  • Not valid for select Concierge rooms, Signature or Premium suites and previously booked rooms.
  • Separate park admission and park reservation for the same date and the same park is required to enter a theme park, and a hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access.
Offer: Save up to 20% at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, 15% at the Disneyland Hotel or 10% Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, on Standard and Premium rooms:

• Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room type at the same hotel for travel most Sunday through Thursday nights from August 7 through September 29, 2022.
  • Separate theme park admission and theme park reservation for same date and same park is required to enter a theme park. A hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access.

Thank you! I was just able to add this to my stay at the Grand (4 nights standard view club level) and was able to save just over $1000!

Valid Travel Dates

Important Details

That's awesome for your trip! I'm traveling the week of 4th of July so no sale for me, paying full price :oops:........well you know how it goes, someone has to do it......🤣

I just rebooked our Grand Cal rooms from July to Sept (attending Oogie Boogie) and we saved over $1,000. It's a great promo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter