DLR Reservation for Park Hopper 2022

jemooney

Earning My Ears
We’re booked park hopper reservations for DLR for trip in October 2022 but just realized that some dates are Oogie Boogie dates and believe it would be better to change to California Adventures as first park then move to DL at 1 pm. Is this an easy process to change?

I believe the process is still to cancel your existing reservation and make new ones. There was not a way to modify a reservation for my June trip.

Yeah, just cancel and rebook your reservations. Reservation availability is wide open for October currently so I'd do this now in case things start booking up closer to your dates.

Does the logic hold that DCA is less busy in the morning of an Oogie Boogie day? Or is the difference negligible?

Does the logic hold that DCA is less busy in the morning of an Oogie Boogie day? Or is the difference negligible?

If you're asking if on Oogie Boogie days, the morning is less busy than the afternoon, then yes. Once the mix in period starts, it gets packed. But if you're asking if Oogie Boogie mornings are less crowded than non-OBB mornings, then no. It'll be more crowded than a non-OBB because most people with park hoppers will start there and hop to Disneyland later due to the early closing and some people choose to do full days in the park because they got OBB tickets.

If you're asking if on Oogie Boogie days, the morning is less busy than the afternoon, then yes. Once the mix in period starts, it gets packed. But if you're asking if Oogie Boogie mornings are less crowded than non-OBB mornings, then no. It'll be more crowded than a non-OBB because most people with park hoppers will start there and hop to Disneyland later due to the early closing and some people choose to do full days in the park because they got OBB tickets.
Thanks. Yes, I was wondering from a pure crowd perspective if it makes more sense to start in DCA or DL with a park hopper on an OBB day.

We’re booked park hopper reservations for DLR for trip in October 2022 but just realized that some dates are Oogie Boogie dates and believe it would be better to change to California Adventures as first park then move to DL at 1 pm. Is this an easy process to change?
The same situation on our upcoming September trip. I kept the DCA reservation. I'm assuming that people with the event tickets will avoid that park, as they get entry at 3pm with the special event ticket. We're thinking DCA will jave less early crowds. Then, as to avoid the 1pm hooper rush, we'll stay at DCA until 3 when THEY arrive. We booked a 3pm early dinner at Lamplight and will then hop to DL after dinner.
That's my plan, and I'm sticking to it!
LoL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter