• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling Disney now to rebook our Sept 6-12 trip. They initially tried to rebook me for September 16th. LOL, I can't handle the roller coaster that soon again- this is already our third go around! Trying for December, and the total is going up a whopping $1400. I really think if we're having to reschedule (and choosing not to cancel, so Disney still has our money), it's a little wrong to upcharge us. Just my opinion, though.
The good news is that DLH is booking once again in December. If discounts DO come out, we can apply them to our new balance.

Last edited:
Calling Disney now to rebook our Sept 6-12 trip. They initially tried to rebook me for September 16th. LOL, I can't handle the roller coaster that soon again- this is already our third go around! Trying for December, and the total is going up a whopping $1400. I really think if we're having to reschedule (and choosing not to cancel, so Disney still has our money), it's a little wrong to upcharge us. Just my opinion, though.
With a 9/6 check-in Disney hasn’t cancelled your dates yet so it’s not like you had to reschedule at this point.

We had a reservation for Courtyard Theme Park entrance the beginning of December and got this in an email this afternoon:

"Our records indicate that you have a reservation at the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance. Please be aware that the hotel will be temporarily closing through December 17, 2020 and your reservation has been canceled."

Earlier there was a really good deal for Thanksgiving through GAT that I thought I had missed, but maybe they pulled the availability anticipating that they would be closed. Sad.

Dapper Days sent out an email their Fall and Spring events are still on the schedule. They anticipate capacity limits being enacted at the parks and reservations could be required, they don’t want to cause crowding problems so they will have a join from home option for those who don’t want/can’t be at the parks. They are in discussions with DLR about an outdoor marketplace setup (no bands or dancing) for their Expo.

Dapper Days at DLR is Nov 14-15*

*assuming parks are open

Has anyone with a paid in full AP that expired received a partial refund? My pass expired this week. I called about a refund but was told I have to wait until they have an opening date. Doesn’t make sense to me since that shouldn’t change the amount of my refund.

Oh man. I will be really upset if I don't get the same rate I booked with in June. I have been able to keep the same rate every time I have rebooked. I know they originally said I could only get that rate until 9/30, but if they aren't open I would hope they would continue to extend that rate. I don't know to call yet or not. Our dates start 9/12 and I don't want them to cancel me...
Like you, Crystal, I have been rescheduling several trips, just pushing them out and keeping the 35% off. But, the last two that I have rebooked, they have not let me use the 35% off unless the new trips end on or before 9/30/20. Clearly that is crazy as it is doubtful they will even be open by then, the way things are going. I have a Labor Day weekend trip booked for which I just received the dreaded email from Disney to rebook. I do not think they will let me have the discount unless I want to book for September, which obviously is not going to happen! I don't like that they are pulling the discount, as I thought it was a way for Disney to say "let us keep your deposit money in our account for even longer," and I was ok with that when my re-booked trip was also going to be discounted. But now that the new trip will only have the tiny $50/night resort credit, I am not sure it is worth rebooking and continuing to let them hold my deposits. They have had my deposits since January, with no end in site... Sigh. I feel for everyone with cancelled trips!

The good news is that DLH is booking once again in December. If discounts DO come out, we can apply them to our new balance.

I think if you wait until they send you the cancellation notice, they will guarantee your rate.

Like twodogs, they canceled us and did not guarantee our rate for December. I know the offer said for stays until October, but that was with the full expectation that they would be open well before October...so, I pulled a "Kevin or Ken" and spoke to a supervisor expressing the exact sentiment about up charging and not extending the discount for those who've been changed many times. He was very nice, but expressed that "there are no current offers for December" and said he would "note our file" so that we are eligible for any discounts that might be offered for December even if they have "sold out" of those rooms before I can get through.

This is the 5th reservation with the same number and yes, they have a significant amount of money on hold with our rolling deposit. We could simply cancel and get a refund, but I'd like to hold out hope that we can go in 2020 and Disney will offer a discount to get people back into the hotels.

So we wait and hope things move forward safely for DLR and California.
Mike

If the parks are open by the end of this year and if any of us manage to make it to the parks for NYE, I propose that we plan a safe, socially distanced meet up to toast our survival of this whole roller coaster ride (and this thread!) and hope for a MUCH more positive new year. I can't even say that this is unbelievable, because at this point I'm developing eye roll muscles... Keep on swimming!
I second that!

I think if you wait until they send you the cancellation notice, they will guarantee your rate.
Unfortunately no, at least not for the 35% off rebooking offer.

But I am advocate for waiting as maybe they will offer you something new (or like the person above make a note in your file about getting you the discount if one is offered later).

Has anyone with a paid in full AP that expired received a partial refund? My pass expired this week. I called about a refund but was told I have to wait until they have an opening date. Doesn’t make sense to me since that shouldn’t change the amount of my refund.
The only APs who have received refunds so far are Premier APs -- and they only received the WDW portion because the WDW parks have reopened. Once DLR gets an official reopening date (which actually holds firm), Disney can start working of the huge job of refunding all the APs who requested that option. When the DLR AP refunds begin going out, you'll see people posting about it in this thread.

With a 9/6 check-in Disney hasn’t cancelled your dates yet so it’s not like you had to reschedule at this point.
We really did. We are traveling, and had an alternate vacation plan set up that needed a minimum 14 days notice if we were to cancel, along with car services, dog sitters, etc.. So for one, we are taking the dog and renting a car, for another, we would be flying to CA and using a car service, etc. Disney giving so little notice doesn't give enough time to make all the alternate plans needed when a family is having to take time off of two different jobs and all the other issues that includes. I understand they are a business and trying to open ASAP to cover as much cash flow as possible, but it just became that it was cutting it a little TOO close.
We rescheduled Disney (again) for December, and are doing the alternate vacation now. It all works out in the end.

Unfortunately no, at least not for the 35% off rebooking offer.

But I am advocate for waiting as maybe they will offer you something new (or like the person above make a note in your file about getting you the discount if one is offered later).
They don't offer anything new for waiting, I was told. They simply don't have any discounts available at this time apparently. However, if a discount becomes available, she said I could call to have that applied to our "now" balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter