DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneyland updated their page but I can't tell that anything is different....wait, think it's the cancellation of Star Wars Nite

Disneyland updated their page but I can't tell that anything is different....wait, think it's the cancellation of Star Wars Nite
Yeah, I saw that too (posted in the community/speculation thread). I was excited for the 20 seconds or so that it took me to realize that there were no further reservation details :-(.

We received an email confirming that our August 20 DLH room/ticket package reservation cannot be accommodated. The email encouraged us to call to rebook. I called to get information about rebooking and they will not rebook for packages at this time (i.e., you can only transfer to a room only reservation). Also, at this time, they did not offer a rebooking promotion.

We were originally booked for May 2020. When we rebooked to August, it was under the very good rebooking promotion offered in April (I believe it was nearly a 35% discount). The price we were quoted if we rebooked today was the same price as shown on the Disneyland website.

It's worth noting a few things: (1) I did not ask about rebooking to GC or PPH; and (2) I did not ask to elevate the call. I guess it's possible that they are allowing package rebookings to GC or PPH (though I doubt it), so I'm interested to hear others' experiences. Ultimately, the cast member suggested keeping our current, unaccommodatable reservation and calling back once they begin to accept package reservations.

The cast member seemed to believe that they would begin accepting package reservations shortly after the reservation system is up and running. (Which she believed was next week.)

Edit: As noted below, I called back and asked about rebooking my same package at the Grand Californian. They did my rebooking at the original cost of my discounted DLH reservation. When I told the original cast member we were interested in rebooking for the DLH, I’m surprised that she did not let me know that we could keep our package at the same price if we were willing to change hotels.

Last edited:
I did not have a package, but a hotel only reservation for the DLH at the beginning of August. They moved me over to the Grand for no additional cost.

I have read others with vacation packages from Costco got moved as well. I don't really understand why they couldn't move you if you have a package? Maybe try to call again?

I hope someone can help you with this!

Thanks. I got the E-mail for our August reservation too, but I have not yet called. It advised that I needed to call and I may be re-booked to one of the other 2 hotels. No way I am re-booking from a package with tickets, to a room only reservation- especially with the talk that ticket sales will be suspended. We were probably going to cancel anyway- don't think we are ready to fly yet, and not crazy about spending full price with no shows or character interactions, and possibly limited dining options- or about having to wear masks in the heat all day.

You might call back and talk to a different CM since you did not change your reservation. I have been watching the WDW resort board- and people are getting very different information and results depending on what CM they get. WDW has a special team to address the issue, but many front line CMs are not sending people direct to the special team and are not giving them all the options they are supposed to get. I would ask if DLR has a special team if you are not getting the result you want. I feel like I have seen some posts of people with DLR packages having the full package moved since the announcement that DLH would not re-open along with the other 2 hotels, but maybe it was just room only. I had a June and an August reservation (August booked right after Marvel opening was announced and we knew we would miss it in June- both reservations booked well before everything fell apart), and when it was clear DLR would not reopen in June, I was able to move the June package in full to October, but that was before the announcement of the park re-opening date and that DLH would not yet be re-open.

E-mail sent to people with DLH August reservations today:

It’s time for magic – and we look forward to welcoming you back. As we prepare for your return to the Disneyland Resort, we know there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impacts of COVID-19. The safety and well-being of our Guests and Cast Members remain the top priority at Disneyland Resort.

We currently plan to begin reopening Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel on July 23, 2020.

The Disneyland Hotel will reopen at a later date. This means we are unable to accommodate your upcoming Disneyland Hotel room reservation at this time. However, we do want you to visit us and there may be opportunities to rebook at one of our other two hotels.

To modify your existing travel reservation, please contact the Walt Disney Travel Company at (714) 520-5050 between the hours of 7:00 AM PST and 9:00 PM PST, 7 days a week. If you are a Canada resident, please call (800) 496-6337. If you originally booked through a Travel Professional, please reach out to them directly if you have questions or would like to reschedule.

Should you decide to cancel your existing Disneyland Hotel room reservation, we will waive Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for your upcoming reservation. If you are unable to reach us before your check-in date to cancel your reservation, you will not be penalized or assessed Disney-imposed fees for cancelling your Disneyland Hotel room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package after your check-in date for your currently existing Disneyland Hotel room reservation.

If you have already modified or cancelled your upcoming Disneyland Hotel room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package, no further action needs to be taken.

Note that some package components are nonrefundable and subject to third-party operator cancellation policies. You should work directly with any third-party operators you have used to book any parts of your vacation package that were not booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company, including flights, travel protection and car rentals.

We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

E-mail sent to people with DLH August reservations today:

It’s time for magic – and we look forward to welcoming you back. As we prepare for your return to the Disneyland Resort, we know there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impacts of COVID-19. The safety and well-being of our Guests and Cast Members remain the top priority at Disneyland Resort.

We currently plan to begin reopening Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel on July 23, 2020.

The Disneyland Hotel will reopen at a later date. This means we are unable to accommodate your upcoming Disneyland Hotel room reservation at this time. However, we do want you to visit us and there may be opportunities to rebook at one of our other two hotels.

To modify your existing travel reservation, please contact the Walt Disney Travel Company at (714) 520-5050 between the hours of 7:00 AM PST and 9:00 PM PST, 7 days a week. If you are a Canada resident, please call (800) 496-6337. If you originally booked through a Travel Professional, please reach out to them directly if you have questions or would like to reschedule.

Should you decide to cancel your existing Disneyland Hotel room reservation, we will waive Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for your upcoming reservation. If you are unable to reach us before your check-in date to cancel your reservation, you will not be penalized or assessed Disney-imposed fees for cancelling your Disneyland Hotel room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package after your check-in date for your currently existing Disneyland Hotel room reservation.

If you have already modified or cancelled your upcoming Disneyland Hotel room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package, no further action needs to be taken.

Note that some package components are nonrefundable and subject to third-party operator cancellation policies. You should work directly with any third-party operators you have used to book any parts of your vacation package that were not booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company, including flights, travel protection and car rentals.

We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

I’m super frustrated with this.... we are due to check into the Disneyland Hotel September 6. It sounds like I have zero choice between the GCH and PPH. We have zero interest in staying at PPH. Kenny the Pirate is reporting that guests will have no say in which hotel they’re moved to. It also says Disneyland is making you pay higher rates If you choose to move dates, which I also think is unfair. Our annual passes will now expire mid October. I’m super frustrated with Disneyland right now, but I recognize that this is a first world problem. We were just really looking forward to staying on property.... it’s a huge splurge for us- and rebooking at GCH is just not in our budget unless they’re giving out an excellent discount.

I’m super frustrated with this.... we are due to check into the Disneyland Hotel September 6. It sounds like I have zero choice between the GCH and PPH. We have zero interest in staying at PPH. Kenny the Pirate is reporting that guests will have no say in which hotel they’re moved to. It also says Disneyland is making you pay higher rates If you choose to move dates, which I also think is unfair. Our annual passes will now expire mid October. I’m super frustrated with Disneyland right now, but I recognize that this is a first world problem. We were just really looking forward to staying on property.... it’s a huge splurge for us- and rebooking at GCH is just not in our budget unless they’re giving out an excellent discount.

A number of people on this board have been moved to the GCH with no rate change when they called. I'd call ASAP as I assume options will become more limited as more reservations get moved around...

Did you already get the E-mail for your September trip? I knew they went out to everyone booked for August. So sorry- it is really frustrating.

I haven't called yet-- We are 95% certain we will cancel for August. I figure I will wait until the phone lines die down from today's E-mail to do that, and also keep an eye on what happens over the next couple of weeks. I'm sure if I wait, even if we wanted to just move hotels, they probably won't have room left to do that. We already had a separate June reservation moved to October, but now I am wondering if DLH will even be open by then, or whether I will get another E-mail for that reservation.

I had a August reservation at the DLH and I called and asked to be moved to GCH. I was moved to GCH and I’m paying my same rate as I would’ve paid at the DLH.

Call asap! People have been able to move to GCH without an extra cost!

Us too! @Aurora0427 call ASAP and see what they can do!
we already tried moving to the GCH for those dates and they are full so its PPH all the way... a shame :(

I called to get information about rebooking and they will not rebook for packages at this time (i.e., you can only transfer to a room only reservation).

How does that fit in with their "no new tickets" policy? If you booked a package and get it rebooked to room only, are you out of luck if you are not already holding admission media?

We also got the e-mail, and after about 75 minutes on the phone with our Costco Walt Disney Travel Company person, we finally got it sorted out. If packages are available to book through the Disneyland.com, there is no reason that my package cannot be adjusted simply to one of the other hotels, as long as rooms are available. I'm appreciative that it's all a bit of a challenge right now, but I think they need to sort out existing reservations before booking new ones. I had no issue with paying more if I needed to for a hotel change, as long as I didn't have to change plane tickets, car reservations, etc. again as well.
Their first idea was that I would just book another package on the main website (for the same exact dates), and then refund under travel insurance. I felt that unnecessary since it is all branches of Walt Disney Travel. They can transfer the money over if the discount code changes. In the end it all worked out and we transferred to a separate hotel with no change in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter