DLR Newbie...How feasible is it to switch btwn parks during the day?

Zagtiger

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We are taking our first trip to DLR (DH, DS-11, DS-7, myself) and are only able to go for one day. We'd like to hit the highlights in both parks. Our two priorities are Jedi Training show and Radiator Springs Racers. How feasible is it to get all of us into DCA from DL after Jedi sign up to either ride RSR or pull FP for RSR? Can I send a runner to DCA with all of our tickets to pull the FP or do we all have to enter the park? I understand that we cannot have two FP at a time (unless the time at the bottom of the FP ticket has passed). What's the best strategy?

Thanks!

You can't get a Fastpass on a ticket/annual pass that hasn't been scanned into that specific park, I learned that the hard way.

That being said they park entrances are like 100 yards apart, you can get between them easily. RSR is very popular, maybe not as much RIGHT NOW because of Guardians opening up, but if you want an earlier Fastpass I might recommend getting the Fastpass to Racers first and then going back over to Disneyland for Jedi Academy. Just a thought!

Hi,

We are taking our first trip to DLR (DH, DS-11, DS-7, myself) and are only able to go for one day. We'd like to hit the highlights in both parks. Our two priorities are Jedi Training show and Radiator Springs Racers. How feasible is it to get all of us into DCA from DL after Jedi sign up to either ride RSR or pull FP for RSR? Can I send a runner to DCA with all of our tickets to pull the FP or do we all have to enter the park? I understand that we cannot have two FP at a time (unless the time at the bottom of the FP ticket has passed). What's the best strategy?

Thanks!
If both parks open at the same time, and you can link your tickets to the Disneyland app, whoever's signing up for Jedi training can enter DL using the app and give all of the physical tickets to the person getting FPs for RSR. If DL opens before DCA, sign up for Jedi training, and then cross over for RSR/RSR FPs. However, there's no need to worry that RSR FPs will run out before you get there, regardless. They usually last a couple of hours, at least - longer now that GotG is open (right now, a Wednesday at 12:25 they're still available, though, given the return times, they're likely to run out any moment.)

ETA: Yep. 12:29, they're gone.

You can't get a Fastpass on a ticket/annual pass that hasn't been scanned into that specific park, I learned that the hard way.
This is not true, unless it's a very recent change. As long as a hopper ticket has entered either park, it can be used to get fastpasses even in the park it hasn't officially entered.

Yes, I've done it. Unless something has changed recently.
Not only have I done that, I've done what I mentioned earlier, where I gave my pass to my husband and entered DL with the linked code on my phone so that he could go into DCA with my pass and get FPs. Which meant that my physical pass was never scanned at either gate but could still be used for FPs.

Not only have I done that, I've done what I mentioned earlier, where I gave my pass to my husband and entered DL with the linked code on my phone so that he could go into DCA with my pass and get FPs. Which meant that my physical pass was never scanned at either gate but could still be used for FPs.

Thirded. Just did some cross-park fastpass running on my last trip in April.

Thanks all. Can you break this down a bit for a Disney novice? The four of us enter DL and one adult and the two kids stand in line for Jedi training. Then a runner takes all four tickets to DCA and can pull FP, even if three of us are physically in DL? How do tickets on the app figure in?

Thanks all. Can you break this down a bit for a Disney novice? The four of us enter DL and one adult and the two kids stand in line for Jedi training. Then a runner takes all four tickets to DCA and can pull FP, even if three of us are physically in DL? How do tickets on the app figure in?

Yes, exactly. As of this moment, they will hand you a physical ticket at the turnstiles, even if you have them on your app. There is no other way to get fp right now.

This is not true, unless it's a very recent change. As long as a hopper ticket has entered either park, it can be used to get fastpasses even in the park it hasn't officially entered.

You know what now that I think about it, when we did that the pass hadn't been logged in at EITHER park at the time. My girlfriend had her friends pass with her and tried to get her a RSR fastpass when we got ours so she could go on with us when she arrived a couple hours later and it wouldn't let her get a pass out. Said the pass hadn't been scanned into the park.

Good to know it will work as long as it's been scanned in at one or the other!

Tickets on the app are just if only the Jedi training people go into DL and your runner goes straight to DCA with all of your tickets without entering DL with you first. Either option works.

OP. Yes you understand correctly. Make sure you have a text connection with the runner so you don't end up with RSR tickets that conflict with Jedi training. Personally, I would Enter DL, 1 adult and two kids stand in Jedi line. Send other adult to get Star Tours or Indy Fastpass (which should have a return time that will allow you to ride shortly after you sign up for Jedi). Then after you sign up for Jedi, ride Star tours or Indy and head over to DCA for an RSR fastpass (or if your return window opens and you are still in the Jedi line, send your other adult over to get RSR fastpasses before you use Star Tours or Indy fastpass. If you are only going to ride RSR once, I would ride it at night. You should be good to get an RSR fastpass for at least an hour and half after DCA opens, if not 3 or 4 hours after DCA opens. You can watch return times on the App for fastpasses.

Has anyone tried getting an FP in one park with a ticket that has only been scanned in the other park since the 2 FP systems were linked around the 2nd week of April? I tried pulling an FP in DCA and then walking right over to DL and the paper the machine spit out said I already had an FP in DCA. It's possible that you do now have to scan your tickets in both parks. I haven't tested that aspect of it yet.

Has anyone tried getting an FP in one park with a ticket that has only been scanned in the other park since the 2 FP systems were linked around the 2nd week of April? I tried pulling an FP in DCA and then walking right over to DL and the paper the machine spit out said I already had an FP in DCA. It's possible that you do now have to scan your tickets in both parks. I haven't tested that aspect of it yet.
You say you pulled FP in DCA, then went to DL. Which means your ticket was scanned into both parks. The reason you got that paper is because the parks ARE linked now. You cannot get a new FP in DL until the window opens on the FP you got in DCA.

we have always been able to get a FP by sending a runner over to the other park with all the tickets..hope nothing has changed! This is definitely something we do every trip so it would be weird not being able to do so. We went last year so not sure if any changes have been made..fingers crossed that it is the same.

You say you pulled FP in DCA, then went to DL. Which means your ticket was scanned into both parks. The reason you got that paper is because the parks ARE linked now. You cannot get a new FP in DL until the window opens on the FP you got in DCA.
I know. What I'm saying is, people are sharing old experiences of having pulled an FP in the other park when the ticket as only been scanned in the other park. Now the parks are linked and they weren't before. What I asked was, since the parks were linked around the 2nd week of April, has anyone actually pulled and FP in one park when they're ticket was only scanned in the other park? If not, then I wouldn't advise the OP that it will work, because it may have changed.

I have a real time in-the-park update. I'm standing in the line for Astro Orbitor with my two DS. My husband successfully pulled FP for RSR while we we were in DL. :)

I know. What I'm saying is, people are sharing old experiences of having pulled an FP in the other park when the ticket as only been scanned in the other park. Now the parks are linked and they weren't before. What I asked was, since the parks were linked around the 2nd week of April, has anyone actually pulled and FP in one park when they're ticket was only scanned in the other park? If not, then I wouldn't advise the OP that it will work, because it may have changed.

As of this morning, my experience is it is NOT possible to do this.

I was 2nd in line at the gate to enter DCA at the non-early opening while my party was in DL. I was intended to be the fastpass runner and had all our physical tickets, which were originally E-tickets purchased and linked on the app, but they had only been scanned at DL so far. There were cast members walking the fastpass line saying repeatedly "You cannot pull a fast pass for any ticket that has not already been scanned into THIS PARK." (So I wasted an hour in the gate line, had to get out of line and meet my party to scan them into DCA and get back in fastpass line. Life of a runner.)

I was in the fastpass line for GOTG so I guess it's possible that was ride-specific, but someone else in line told me it's a new rule.

(I wonder if it makes a difference if it's a multi day ticket? This was our very first entrance on our 3-days.)

I have a real time in-the-park update. I'm standing in the line for Astro Orbitor with my two DS. My husband successfully pulled FP for RSR while we we were in DL. :)

Had you already gone through the DCA gates at some point either today or on your existing tickets? I just posted about the opposite at GOTG today.

If you guys were not already scanned in to DCA, my guess is either 1) its ride-specific or 2) they are preparing to make this a rule so announcing it to people to prep them and disincentivize the behavior they are trying to change, but the technology doesn't fully work yet.

Either seems a little odd honestly, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter