• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR, ECV and Genie+

MermaidHair

Mouseketeer
Hi there, planning my first trip to DLR since Genie+ launched. Does anyone know how that works with ECVs and the non-accessible queues at Disneyland? I am wondering if I need to spend the extra money or if it is redundant with the accessibility return times. . Thanks

Hi there, planning my first trip to DLR since Genie+ launched. Does anyone know how that works with ECVs and the non-accessible queues at Disneyland? I am wondering if I need to spend the extra money or if it is redundant with the accessibility return times. . Thanks
Maybe I asked this wrong. I think I am asking about lightening lanes and ECV. Do I need to pay the extra money ?

Needing to use an ECV for mobility issues doesn’t qualify ( by itself) for a DAS “pass”. DAS is for folks whose condition makes it extremely difficult to wait in a queue. The first thread on this forum covers DAS and Genie+.

Needing to use an ECV for mobility issues doesn’t qualify ( by itself) for a DAS “pass”.
I don't believe the OP is asking about DAS. The OP uses an ECV. Disneyland Resort in California has a lot more non-accessible queues and therefore "wheelchair return times" are common in the park for those who use mobility devices. The question is whether the OP needs to buy Genie+ since they have a mobility device and will be subject to the "wheelchair return times" to use an alternate entrance.

OP - I don't have an answer, though at WDW if one had a former FP+ for an attraction using wheelchair return times they would be immediately directed to the alternate entrance. Without the FP+ they would be issued a return time to come back to the alternate entrance. Only 1 wheelchair return time could be held at a time. So I would assume the same applies to G+ now.

So with Genie+ you would be able to stack those rides and then have immediate (or near immediate) access to the alternate entrance. But that is speculation on my part. Hopefully someone with experience on the West Coast will chime in.

@lanejudy is correct.

I was at DLR last November, using an ECV and Genie+.

If I had a time (Lightning Lane) reserved through G+, I was admitted immediately to the alternate entrance when I got to an attraction where the main queue was not ECV-accessible. One example I can think of was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. In the past (prior to G+) I would approach the CM at the separate entrance (in the case of BTMRR you actually enter through the exit). The CM would give me a return time that was approximately the same as the current wait time, and then I would come back to the attraction at that time. But with G+ there was no need to get a return time if I had a Lightning Lane reservation.

The good news is you don't have to purchase G+ if you're using an ECV or wheelchair. For the non-accessible queues the return time option is still in place. As @lanejudy mentioned, you can only hold one return time at a time.

If you do purchase G+, you can use both Lightning Lanes and return times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter