DLR Dining questions

koquinn

DIS Veteran
Sorry for the probable repeat of questions - I've searched and can't find these answers! I'm much more familiar with WDW...

Is it still true that you have to book DLR ressies one day at a time even if staying onsite, unlike at WDW where you can book them all at once once your date opens?

What time do the ressies open? I know it's 60d, but can't find a time - I'm in central time zone.

Does anyone know when the packages will open for March (end of) for Frozen? Are there any dinners, or just lunches for that?

Any hope of F! or WOC coming back for the last week of March / dining packages to open for them?

Thanks much!!

Sorry for the probable repeat of questions - I've searched and can't find these answers! I'm much more familiar with WDW...

Is it still true that you have to book DLR ressies one day at a time even if staying onsite, unlike at WDW where you can book them all at once once your date opens?
Yes one day at a time, but there is nothing remotely like BOG where you are compelled to reserve at the first possible moment. So yes day, by day, or just wait until your final day hits 60 days (which I think is really two months).

Depending on the size of your group, Blue Bayou used to be easy to get a few weeks in advance but that has been changing. So I would do BB at 2 months and leave the rest.

Except, I also would not leave a WOC Dessert Package to chance (once WOC comes back!) and get that ASAP. Even so, I have found for small groups you can often get this a week in advance or even a few days.

See "What WDW Vets Need to Know About Dining at DLR" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2914467

What time do the ressies open? I know it's 60d, but can't find a time - I'm in central time zone.
LOL, see previous answer on the lack of criticality on timing but I believe it is 8AM Pacific time, 2 months in advance.

Does anyone know when the packages will open for March (end of) for Frozen? Are there any dinners, or just lunches for that?
Frankly I do not know what this is. Are you talking about the Frozen stage show? If you are trying to get a package for Frozen reserved viewing (does that exist?), I think most DLR vets would say that is completely unnecessary.

For any of the special viewing for dining (e.g., WOC or F!), I have always understood that to be the same 2 months as regular reservations.

Any hope of F! or WOC coming back for the last week of March / dining packages to open for them?
No one seems to know but if I had to guess I would say there is a decent chance for both.

:wizard:

Awesome, thanks! It looks like the dining stuff is only open through the end of Feb so I'm still a little confused as to when they open.

And yes, the Frozen stage show, looks like $89 for lunch and ressie. Seems steep. Reviews seem to say it's worth it but I'm skeptical. Besides I don't think any of our crew of 6 will eat that much for lunch!

Awesome, thanks! It looks like the dining stuff is only open through the end of Feb so I'm still a little confused as to when they open.

And yes, the Frozen stage show, looks like $89 for lunch and ressie. Seems steep. Reviews seem to say it's worth it but I'm skeptical. Besides I don't think any of our crew of 6 will eat that much for lunch!
Really, that is strange! On a whim I just went to the DLR dining website and made a BB reservation for March 20. I am not sure what you are seeing. And I would have thought the dining calendar would go to March 19 (2 months from today, Jan 19) rather than March 20. Maybe because Feb only has 28 days???

I am pretty knowledgeable about DLR and did not know that Frozen dining exists. I do not think it is a thing at DLR - except for Type-A planners and WDW vets conditioned to act like Pavlov's dogs when they hear "ADR" in any form LOL! This is completely unnecessary. Don't stress about it. It is really sad when WDW vets get stressed about not being able to make a reservation months in advance. Really, WDW is the anomaly and DLR the norm. Relax about planning and relax about reservations and enjoy the flexibility. :goodvibes

I do know about and have used the WOC and F! options, and those both offer advantages - especially F! With WOC, not so much. Read the WOC Superthread should WOC become available by March.

Last edited:

Ok good to know about Frozen! We're going 3/23-3/29 so I'm guessing I just have to wait not so patiently. I am a Pavlov dog lol, totally conditioned and ocd about it! I can't believe they don't have the park hours posted yet either, it's making me nuts. How do I book dining when I don't even know when.the parks are open?!

I am pretty knowledgeable about DLR and did not know that Frozen dining exists. I do not think it is a thing at DLR

Those packages have been around in some form since 2016 when the show premiered :). They also used to have this treats special event thing you could pay for (I can't remember what it was called and I even did it once, lol... Still have my lanyard and pin from it too), but they stopped that awhile ago. Those packages were definitely hugely popular early on when the show was new and a FP was required to get in.

They aren't really necessary anymore to see the show, though. I think a lot of people don't know the dining is still offered.

Ok good to know about Frozen! We're going 3/23-3/29 so I'm guessing I just have to wait not so patiently. I am a Pavlov dog lol, totally conditioned and ocd about it! I can't believe they don't have the park hours posted yet either, it's making me nuts. How do I book dining when I don't even know when.the parks are open?!
Read my PP link about WDW vets and dining at DLR. Hopefully you can curb your inner OCD child and relax. I am sure your family likes you already, but may even like you better than before! ;)

Those packages have been around in some form since 2016 when the show premiered :). They also used to have this treats special event thing you could pay for (I can't remember what it was called and I even did it once, lol... Still have my lanyard and pin from it too), but they stopped that awhile ago. Those packages were definitely hugely popular early on when the show was new and a FP was required to get in.

They aren't really necessary anymore to see the show, though. I think a lot of people don't know the dining is still offered.
I saw Frozen at DCA soon after it opened and never needed a FP. Did not know a FPO existed and, even I did, would never have bothered. Maybe it was the first week or something???

Really, that is strange! On a whim I just went to the DLR dining website and made a BB reservation for March 20. I am not sure what you are seeing. And I would have thought the dining calendar would go to March 19 (2 months from today, Jan 19) rather than March 20. Maybe because Feb only has 28 days???
Disneyland is 60 days now. It used to be 2 months, but that changed a few years back to align with WDW.

To the OP, I have a trip planned for Feb 15-18. Except for tea at the DLH, I have no table service restaurants yet. Another advantage Disneyland has over WDW is the wider choices in QS and cafeteria restaurants. So you don't need as many table service ressies. I like to just drop into French Market (buffeteria) or Rancho.

I saw Frozen at DCA soon after it opened and never needed a FP. Did not know a FPO existed and, even I did, would never have bothered. Maybe it was the first week or something???

Nope. Existed a awhile. Like months awhile at least (they used the same distribution kiosks they used for Aladdin). If you were willing to dedicate time to standing in line you didn't really need one, but even with one (unless you did a package) you'd still be waiting. Granted, that was mostly if you wanted not to be in the balcony.

With the package, they walked you right to a side entrance and you were the first to enter. Didn't have to go through the normal entrance. Was kind of fun actually.

I actually think this particular package (that isn't offered anymore) is partly at fault for why they started allowing food in the theatre: you were allowed to take your treats with you from the event.

I want to say Frozen needed a FP at least thru the summer of its opening (2.5 mos). I know I took my granddaughter Labor Day weekend, and we had to wait on her parents to get thru the gate to get FPs, and we were concerned we wouldn't get the right show....

FPs were distributed where Captain America now has a meet and greet.

ETA - Getaway still has the old packages online. https://www.getawaytoday.com/travel-blog/frozen-pre-show-packages-at-disney-california-adve

Nope. Existed a awhile. Like months awhile at least (they used the same distribution kiosks they used for Aladdin). If you were willing to dedicate time to standing in line you didn't really need one, but even with one (unless you did a package) you'd still be waiting. Granted, that was mostly if you wanted not to be in the balcony.

With the package, they walked you right to a side entrance and you were the first to enter. Didn't have to go through the normal entrance. Was kind of fun actually.

I actually think this particular package (that isn't offered anymore) is partly at fault for why they started allowing food in the theatre: you were allowed to take your treats with you from the event.
I want to say Frozen needed a FP at least thru the summer of its opening (2.5 mos). I know I took my granddaughter Labor Day weekend, and we had to wait on her parents to get thru the gate to get FPs, and we were concerned we wouldn't get the right show....

FPs were distributed where Captain America now has a meet and greet.

ETA - Getaway still has the old packages online. https://www.getawaytoday.com/travel-blog/frozen-pre-show-packages-at-disney-california-adve
Out of curiosity I just checked by trip summary from June 2016 and it said we saw Frozen. And that we got FPs at 7:30AM LOL. I totally forgot about that! Even now I have zero recollection.

Just a quick example of the less stressed dining experience: When we were on our trip in August 2016 we went to eat at Wine Country Trattoria and the wait was an hour. I hopped on the Disney website and made reservations while standing there and we were seated immediately. I thought I was SO crafty at the time. :rotfl2:

Thanks everyone for the great tips. I think we'll plan an ADR for the Frozen thing for our last day, and then try to get into a show earlier in the week. If we can get a seat earlier in the week without a painful wait we'll cancel the ADR. I really can't justify spending $90 per adult for a lunch. Just seems a bit crazy. If I thought we could eat that much at lunch time it would still be crazy!!!

Read my PP link about WDW vets and dining at DLR. Hopefully you can curb your inner OCD child and relax. I am sure your family likes you already, but may even like you better than before! ;)

LOL HydroGuy!!! Once we're there I'm fairly laid back, as long as my family follows along with my militant plan!!! Truly, I enjoy the planning as much as the vacation itself, and my family (mostly) appreciates the efforts!!

Thanks everyone for the great tips. I think we'll plan an ADR for the Frozen thing for our last day, and then try to get into a show earlier in the week. If we can get a seat earlier in the week without a painful wait we'll cancel the ADR. I really can't justify spending $90 per adult for a lunch. Just seems a bit crazy. If I thought we could eat that much at lunch time it would still be crazy!!!
You will be able to get in earlier. The theater is very large and does not fill up currently.

I walked in 15 minutes before show time during NYE time recently (balcony seating). The meal really isn't necessary to see the show as long as you don't care about front and center in the orchestra seating. And really that's a terrible view from there anyways. Too close and so much to see. There really isn't a bad view in the whole theatre, but I avoid being right in front if I'm sitting in orchestra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter