DLR Bus & Luggage

cruiser

Earning My Ears
Last October we visited WDW and stayed on property. We used the WDW bus to get to the hotel and they handle your luggage from the airport. Unfortunately, we had to wait until about 2AM to get our bags. We are planning a trip to Disneyland in August, staying at the Grand Californian. I see that the DLR bus is an option, but I am not going to deal with the luggage issue again. Has anyone had issues with getting their bags when they take the bus?

I am happy to spend the extra $$ to get a towncar or limo to avoid this as it is a horrible way to start a vacation. But, if this is not a problem at Disneyland, I would just assume we take the bus and use the $$ in the park.

Anyone have any experiences they are willing to share? From what I have read about SuperShuttle, I am not wanting to drive all over residential stops on my vacation so that is out for us...

Thanks!!!

It is totally different in DL then WDW. The bus is not owned or operated by Disney. They work with Disney, but are owned by Grayline tour company. It will be your respositiblity to claim your luggage at the airport. When you board the bus your bags will be put under the bus (like a grayhound bus). When you arrive at the hotel they will give you your bags. Going to the hotel you will be one of the first stops. They service the Disney hotels first. Going back to the airport you will have to go to a transfer area. They will divide the passengers up by which airport they are traveling to. At least that is how they did it a few years ago.

Ok that helps.. Do you know the order of the hotels visited? Just curious where they go first, that would help me understand how long we would have to sit on the bus...

Thanks!!!

I'm going on Saturday to Grand Calif. also and I just booked online for Super Shuttle. 7 passenger van (similar to Mears Shuttle in WDW). They might make stops to residences before my stop but at least it shouldn't take as long to fill the van up compared to filling a bus up before leaving.

I took this bus in January and it stopped at the DLH first. I got off there, so I don't know if PP or GCH is next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter