DLP's must-go-to restaurants?

ilovedumbo

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and i are going to disney land paris next week and a very excited but as its our first time we haven't got a clue what restuarants to go to.

We've heard that generally the food is a bit pricey but thats fine by us as long as its nice food and service.

Does anyone have any favourite restuarants they think are out of this world? Your opinion is very much appreciated x

P.s Disney fans are so nice they're the best!

The Blue Lagoon. Great atmosphere and the best food in at DLRP - especially if you like seafood. Is located in the same building as the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and you see the boats go by from your table. Setting is that of a Caribbean beach venue - very romantic.

I've also heard people say the food is expensive but I've never found that to be the case and even the top restaurants don't come close to charging what a top restaurant in your average town/city would charge.

I like the setting of Blue Lagoon but was underwhelmed by the food. I enjoyed Walts and the food was good. Not as good as you would get in Paris for the same price but that is to be expected since it is Disney.

I would suggest Innoventions buffet ... very GORGEOUS !!!! ( not pricey for what you get,IMHO).

In our trip (last January) we loved Yacht club restaurant at Newport hotel: it's a relaxed atmosphere, good choices for seafood and NOT-seafood lovers .... maybe a bit pricey, but we thought it was worth it !!
If you go there at night , ask for a table close to the windows : very romantic view of Disney lake !

laura

Another vote for Walts and Blue Lagoon. The buffet at Plaza Gardens is also nice.

In the Village Annette's Diner and King Ludwigs are 2 I'd recommend.

For fast food our favourites are Colonel Haiti's Outpost, Cowboy Cookout and Victoria's Home-Style.

Reid

Walts gets another vote, but take care as last reservations are for 3.00 p.m. - late lunch and no dinner therefore!

Great recommendations. I'm currently trying to work out where to eat. How is the California Grill at the disneyland hotel? We'll be eating with our 5yo and 3yo (both of whom are used to eating in restaurants). Will it be OK to take them there? We don't mind spending once the food is good. I'm wondering if Inventions buffet would be a better option (although I'm not a huge buffet fan).

We'll definitely have to try the Blue Lagoon and perhaps Walt's for lunch (great to know it finishes up at 3....I was thinking of eating there the first evening before Fantillusion).

Great thread!

On purely personal preferences...

Self service restaurants
Colonel Hathi's - great atmosphere and pizza
Bella Notte - very similar to above
Cowboy Cookout - BBQ chicken and ribs etc

Disney Village
Rainforest cafe - expensive and often lengthy waits, but I do like the food.
Annettes - great 50s style cafe with burgers and shakes.
Billy Bobs - cowboy style, BBQ etc usually has a live band and dancing

The only table service restaurant we have tried (finally after 4 trips staring longingly as we drifted past) is the blue lagoonabsolutely unbeatable for atmosphere but you MUST reserve in advance. I thought the food was lovely, nice delicate flavours, my husband wasn't as convinced. The kids polished theirs off too. As I type this my youngest has said longingly 'I wish we were in the Blue Lagoon right now'...

The restaurants in NPB hotel looked lovely, they were just very busy at xmas so we eat elsewhere.

On last note I have never found the food to be expensive, in fact the kids menus are usually great value.

We loved the Blue Lagoon and also Auberge de Cendrillon. We had an excellent burger in Annette's Diner.

The best ribs ever are at The Rainforest cafe.
Same goes for the burgers at Annette's. The portions are huge too.

I've stayed twice, once at the sequoia lodge and once at the disney land hotel. I found the best paces to eat are:

The Beaver Creek tavern @ Sequoia Lodge (a family resturant but yummy food and dessert buffet!)

Caseys Corner on Main Street for hot dogs and fries

Rainforest cafe @ DTD (the food was a bit cold and pricey but the atmosphere makes up for it)

The cafe opposite the runaway mine train, yummy chicken wings and salad.

I wasnt that impressed with the food at the disneyland hotel, eating at Innoventions actually gave me food poisoning and ruined my last day!

Anyway hope that helps and have fun!

Check out http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/ for more info

My favourite restaurant is Walt's at Main Street USA! The place is so beautiful, quiet most of the time, staff is excellent and usually very friendly. The food is very good too :earboy2:

We enjoyed Annete's Diner and Chef Mickey's in the Village. After breakfast we weren't ready to eat a full meal earlier and when we visited the park in October it closed at 8pm, so the restaurants on the park stopped serving earlier also. We were inclined to book a table for Chef Mickeys or queue for Annette's (never too bad). The queue's at Rainforest Cafe were always too long. The food suited us (3 carnivores and a veggie) and the atmosphere was great. Our 2 large teens also (with us of course) loved the characters at Mickey's! Next time quite fancy the Blue Lagoon (looked lovely) and maybe some of the hotels. :cheer2: :wave:

Mrs Tony Toon

Good to see another vote for Annette's Diner. My troop are good eaters at home but can be fussy when we are away. They have always liked the choices here.

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter