DLP Overview Guide?

aussie_princess

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
We are Australian (2 adults) and considering a brief visit (2-3 days max) to DLP as part of a longer UK/Europe holiday in either September or November 2023. I don't know anything about DLP, and it's been about 4-5 years since I've visited any of the other parks so I'm not entirely sure where to start to even get my head around trip planning. Does anyone know if there is a general guide, either here or elsewhere online for DLP planning basics?

If you Google Disneyland Paris, you will find many resources; just pick one and read through it. I think DLP is a lot easier than other Disney Parks, but the best advice for any Disney park- is don't try to do it all. Take your time, enjoy the atmosphere (DLP is one of the prettiest Disney parks anywhere), and tell yourself you will be back!

There a few (slightly outdated) Q&A threads on here. I am one of the few frequent visitors of DLP, got an AP for the last decade or so.

Any questions, bring it on! :D

And yes it is easy, book a hotel, get tickets and have a vague plan. ;)

Any questions, bring it on! :D

And yes it is easy, book a hotel, get tickets and have a vague plan. ;)
We just booked our first trip to DLP. Hopefully @aussie_princess doesn't mind me jumping in with a few questions.

We are going mid June. Staying at Sequoia Lodge. The DLP web site doesn't show park hours beyond mid January. I know the last few years have been messed up with Covid, but what are typical park hours for mid-June? We generally get to the park mid morning and stay until close to park close. This past January we were at Disney World for 2 weeks and the parks all closed early 6-8pm, so we rope dropped most days.

We are regulars at WDW staying at Fort Wilderness in our motorhome, so we know "Disney". Now that I have an actually booking for DLP, I'll probably be on here asking for a lot of advice.

Thanks.

j

We just booked our first trip to DLP. Hopefully @aussie_princess doesn't mind me jumping in with a few questions.

We are going mid June. Staying at Sequoia Lodge. The DLP web site doesn't show park hours beyond mid January. I know the last few years have been messed up with Covid, but what are typical park hours for mid-June? We generally get to the park mid morning and stay until close to park close. This past January we were at Disney World for 2 weeks and the parks all closed early 6-8pm, so we rope dropped most days.

We are regulars at WDW staying at Fort Wilderness in our motorhome, so we know "Disney". Now that I have an actually booking for DLP, I'll probably be on here asking for a lot of advice.

Thanks.

j
8.30-9.30am EMH
Regular opening 9.30am
Closing somewhere between 8 and 10pm. There will be a difference between weekdays and weekend days.

Also note that fireworks are at close and it's the longest days of light in Paris at June. So @Teamubr it will be quite late.
I looked up sunrise and sunset. I knew Paris was much further north than St. Louis. Dusk at 10pm will be great, but making it back in the morning for rope drop may be tough.

It's only 2 days though.

j

I looked up sunrise and sunset. I knew Paris was much further north than St. Louis. Dusk at 10pm will be great, but making it back in the morning for rope drop may be tough.

It's only 2 days though.

j
Your very lucky you will have Disney dreams during your visit. It's one of the best Disney night time shows! Ok the fireworks are not as spectacular but they actually brought Peter Pan and other animators out of retirement to create special scenes just for the show. Unlike most shoes which are just copy and paste clips.

Let us know how your trip goes!

Your very lucky you will have Disney dreams during your visit.
I was excited when I saw the 30th celebrations would still be going. I was at WDW last year during the 50th and it was a little disappointing.
Disney Dreams looks great. The fireworks are pretty cool at WDW, but the projection mapping really makes the show.
Let us know how your trip goes!
I'll definitely post about the trip. I'm a daily regular on the Camping forum and always do updates throughout my stays at the Fort. I'll be doing a TR over there on the Community board for my Fort friends. I'll cross post it over here.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter