• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLP in November

aronny

Earning My Ears
We are planning a Paris trip for the week of U.S. Thanksgiving, likely Nov. 18-25, and want to do one or two days at DLP. We’ve never been and we’re brand new to planning. Does anyone have thoughts on the best time to go during that week? I think we’ll want to stay in a Disney hotel for DLP but otherwise stay closer to city center, so we’re thinking of doing it at either the beginning or end of the trip so we’re not moving back and forth. For some added context, it will be two adults and a 4 year old coming from an east coast U.S. city, so jet lag may be a factor we consider. We are leaning toward doing DLP at the back end of the trip, maybe Thursday and Friday before flying out late morning Saturday, but not sure if crowds are lower earlier in the week.

Thank you!

Luckily for you, in France they don't celebrate US Thanksgiving ;) it is a normal week with no school or public holidays.

Going to Disneyland during the week is best. Crowds should be low. This is a park with a lot of locals, so weekend tend to busy.

If you plan to do multiple days in Disneyland and the city of Paris, I would suggest to do a split stay. Depending on where you are in the city, take a 1 hour train ride into account to get to Disneyland Paris. And vice versa.

If you're flying in and out on Saturdays, the combination of jet lag and weekend crowds would push me towards doing DLP at the end of the trip. I don't have any particular insight on which days of the week are quietest, but looking at the DLP site, day tickets are the same price Mon-Fri that week.

The main guide I use to choose dates is the price estimate calendar on the DLP site, which will help you find the cheapest arrival dates, sometimes changing plans by a day can make a difference: https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/price-estimate-calendar-disneyland-paris/

we traveled to DLP 2 times during thanksgiving , its a great time to go. Weather is very nice and the parks are in the christmas vibe. we always do DLP the first 3 night so you can relax from the jet lag and get used to being in france, We call DLP french light. some french touches but also some WDW touches. but at the end would not be fine I am sure. if you have any questions post them here and I will try to answer.

I always prefer to do DLP at the end of a France trip as it's the highlight and not disappointing for me. Although if it's your first time in France DLP could be easier to break yourself into the culture and surprise's. November is a great time to go. But make it. Weekdays.

If you have only one day, go on a Thursday, for some reason the later you go during the week (until Friday) the better. But Friday evening the night show might be slightly busier. I agree with a split stay if you plan 2 days and you don't mind to move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter