DLP - Hotel Room + Ticket questions

bfrosty

Mouseketeer
Good Evening all,

We are planning a DLP trip for 4days/3nights (Tuesday-Friday) in May 2024. We'd like to visit the parks a couple days and Paris City Centre the other two. The DLP site only allows you to book a room + tickets. Do you have to call and book the room? Then buy tickets online? or In-Person? We'd like to stay at the Sequoia Lodge.

The Train station is right there by the Park entrances right? So, we jump on those to get to Paris City Centre?

Thanks,
Bfrosty.

You can book the room and tickets online and you won’t have to make park reservations by doing so.

however, sequoia lodge is rumored to be closing down early 2024, after Disneyland Hotel Reopens from its multi year refurbishment . If you don’t mind chancing a potential closure and move to another hotel (no idea if DLP will charge extra if you’re moved to a better hotel), then go ahead and book online.

i had considered Sequoia Lodge for a 2024 trip but then decided against it…

Oops, noticed you want to do less ticket days than you’re staying. So you need to call them to do that. You can buy date based tickets online

Other option is to book your hotel on a platform like hotels.com, booking.com etc.and then the ticket seperately. But always check the Total price for a package, sometimes the price difference is small.

And yes, the train station is next to the park entrance.
Ok, so going thru Expedia/Hotels.com the Sequoia Lodge room is $1,600 w/o Park Tickets. On Disneyland Paris site, the Sequoia room is $1,458 and includes Park Tickets. Huh???? Can someone confirm this for me by checking each site? I find that interesting!!!!

^^^^^^^ read the fine print...it does include park tickets, but Expedia is still more expensive than just going to the Disneyland Paris website.

Last edited:
I havent checked but thats about right. Its much better to just do the hotel and park tickets package. Also did you check on an European version of the Disneyland Paris website? As the French, Irish etc versions are usually cheaper than the American version.

Interesting....on DLP's site...Sequoia lodge room only list the 1st two categories....you have to call for other rooms!!! Humm....

Ok, so going thru Expedia/Hotels.com the Sequoia Lodge room is $1,600 w/o Park Tickets. On Disneyland Paris site, the Sequoia room is $1,458 and includes Park Tickets. Huh???? Can someone confirm this for me by checking each site? I find that interesting!!!!

^^^^^^^ read the fine print...it does include park tickets, but Expedia is still more expensive than just going to the Disneyland Paris website.
It's often the case that buying room only and tickets for fewer days is more expensive than a package with length of stay tickets.
DLP direct promotes almost exclusively packages and discounts only packages. It's a very different business than in the US. AP can get discounts on room only, but it's very opaque and you have to call every time to get a quote.

There are few exception, for example sometimes it happens than room only are sent with a discount last minutes to Booking and Expedia for unsold inventory.

Your case is a bit extreme, maybe the package is discounted while Expedia is rack rate?

One gets tickets and early entry for checkin and checkout days. So, a common hack is to book first and/or last night in a nearby cheap hotel and book a shorter package onsite, checkin very early leaving baggage at bell services at the hotel and going to the park for a full day.
It can be a good saving, but are you happy with the additional hotel move(s)?

Last edited:
I havent checked but thats about right. Its much better to just do the hotel and park tickets package. Also did you check on an European version of the Disneyland Paris website? As the French, Irish etc versions are usually cheaper than the American version.

Yes it is, but not by much. If you decide to make payments, then you have to decide if you want to risk the Euro going up against the USD or not. When I checked for my time, it was only about $80 less for the 2 nights/3 day package I did. So, I just did payments on the USD site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter