DLP at beginning or end of France trip!

When we did Disneyland Paris, we did it in the middle of our trip. We did London, then train to Paris for a night. Then a day in Reims before going to Disney. We finished in Paris.
We did Reims to see the USA women's soccer team play. We last minute wound up renting a car for the Reims/ disney part due to our hotel in Reims getting cancelled and we wound up staying in Moussy for the night.

This is almost exactly what we did. 8 days in London, then the EuroStar to Paris. Spent one night in our Paris apartment and took the train to DLP the following day. Then continued with 7 days in Paris. I will say we were tired though and our stamina was much lower in Paris overall than it was in London!

What I mean is, Disney is hygienically clean, you don't find human waste on the streets, litter floating about and there are plenty of toilets. Going around Paris can be messy, smelly and not pleasant if you need the loo etc. I love how clean dlp is. I live in a medieval town (Rye) and we manage to provide clean facilities, not have litter piled up in the middle of the street or have people peeing and 💩 in the street.

I know it's an old city, but what's nice is when your in DLP you don't have to worry about the basics. When you leave DLP it can become quite a shock to the system when you literally trying to avoid human 💩.
I've been a regular visitor to Paris since the 90s, and cant relate to that. Maybe I've not been to the same places, maybe I had my eyes shut, but I do find that post offensive.

I've been a regular visitor to Paris since the 90s, and cant relate to that. Maybe I've not been to the same places, maybe I had my eyes shut, but I do find that post offensive.
Well maybe, but my last trip in Feb 2020 I was in the center and human mess was in three metro stations and the street my hotel was on (main Street) was covered in litter. The public toilets made my gf decide to hold it all in because it was so filthy. I've even seen a woman encourage her son to pee in the middle of Main Street. Towards frontier land where loos were 150 steps away?

I can't help you find it offensive but maybe as a country boy we notice things like mess more. Do you only go to the tourist hot spots in Paris? Maybe that's why, I however like to explore the areas with the amazing cemetery's etc.

This is almost exactly what we did. 8 days in London, then the EuroStar to Paris. Spent one night in our Paris apartment and took the train to DLP the following day. Then continued with 7 days in Paris. I will say we were tired though and our stamina was much lower in Paris overall than it was in London!

That makes sense - I find after a week I start to go downhill, especially in other countries. Ireland was easy for 3 weeks, but our place was slower (I was preggo), but I remember going to Slovenia and Venice, with Venice last, and I would never do it again that way, as Slovenia was relaxed and Venice was crazy. Better to start with the high energy stuff!
~
Thanks everyone for the responses. While I understand why a few suggest to leave DLP for last, I think I'll take some of the advice here and put it in the beginning, and end in Alsace, with our last night at a Paris airport hotel. Because our plan for Alsace is to take it easier, and get an apartment, I think it will be a nice way to spend the last few days when we are all exhausted. I'm worried with DLP last we wouldn't really enjoy it, made worse by the fact that I think we will struggle with food there (we are vegetarian) so it's probably best to do that first.

I'm so excited to have a plan! Now just need to hope vaccines become available for young kids soon!

Well maybe, but my last trip in Feb 2020 I was in the center and human mess was in three metro stations and the street my hotel was on (main Street) was covered in litter. The public toilets made my gf decide to hold it all in because it was so filthy. I've even seen a woman encourage her son to pee in the middle of Main Street. Towards frontier land where loos were 150 steps away?

I can't help you find it offensive but maybe as a country boy we notice things like mess more. Do you only go to the tourist hot spots in Paris? Maybe that's why, I however like to explore the areas with the amazing cemetery's etc.
Metro stations aren't the main streets (which are washed every night), public toilets are bad in every city, and litter likewise. Daughter studied in Paris so we were there almost every weekend for 18 months and had long lease on an apartment . So not just touristy areas. Offensive maybe a strong word but Paris is no worse than London, better in a lot of ways. I shall butt out.

Metro stations aren't the main streets (which are washed every night), public toilets are bad in every city, and litter likewise. Daughter studied in Paris so we were there almost every weekend for 18 months and had long lease on an apartment . So not just touristy areas. Offensive maybe a strong word but Paris is no worse than London, better in a lot of ways. I shall butt out.
I am only sharing my experience, and I don't believe that's wrong. Ive always found Paris the most unclean city out if the big nations.

I am only sharing my experience, and I don't believe that's wrong. Ive always found Paris the most unclean city out if the big nations.

Don't ever visit Los Angeles.

(I lived in Paris for many years. Was genuinely shocked how messy LA is, compared to Paris!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter