DLH Scooter Rental Question

DisneylandFreak2013

Mouseketeer
We are planning our June trip at the Disneyland Hotel and are planning on a scooter rental. We are going to use Select Mobility across the street at the Best Western. Does anyone know how this process works? I know we'll have to be there for the drop off as bell services doesn't allow anyone but Scooterbug to drop off unaccompanied, but how does pick up work? We'll leave the hotel at 5am to catch our LAX flight, so is it possible to leave the scooter in the lobby for pickup or does the hotel not allow that either?

We are planning our June trip at the Disneyland Hotel and are planning on a scooter rental. We are going to use Select Mobility across the street at the Best Western. Does anyone know how this process works? I know we'll have to be there for the drop off as bell services doesn't allow anyone but Scooterbug to drop off unaccompanied, but how does pick up work? We'll leave the hotel at 5am to catch our LAX flight, so is it possible to leave the scooter in the lobby for pickup or does the hotel not allow that either?
No, the hotel will not allow you to leave it to be picked up. As someone who uses Deckert's, I understand the pain. I rarely leave before 7am, so they can pick up. Can you take it across the street to the BW?

No, the hotel will not allow you to leave it to be picked up. As someone who uses Deckert's, I understand the pain. I rarely leave before 7am, so they can pick up. Can you take it across the street to the BW?

Oh no! We are going to have to do that. It's for someone else in our party who can't walk long distances due to surgery, so one of us will need to take it over. I wonder why Disney went to one company that seems to not get good reviews on here?

… I wonder why Disney went to one company that seems to not get good reviews on here?
I have read a few negative reviews, but used Scooter Bug 3 times in January without any issues.
Scooter looked identical to the models Disney rents, other than color. Scooters rented from Deckart’s (pre-shutdown) were noticeably faster (according to DW).

Pickup and dropoff were handled by GCH Bell Services, a smooth process. Reservation and payment were completed online, on the Scooter Bug site.

I wonder why Disney went to one company that seems to not get good reviews on here?
My guess (at least partially) is that they went with the lowest bidder.

I have read a few negative reviews, but used Scooter Bug 3 times in January without any issues.
Scooter looked identical to the models Disney rents, other than color. Scooters rented from Deckart’s (pre-shutdown) were noticeably faster (according to DW).

Pickup and dropoff were handled by GCH Bell Services, a smooth process. Reservation and payment were completed online, on the Scooter Bug site.
Disney purposely lowers the maximum speed on their in-park scooters, so I bet they had ScooterBug do the same on the ones they rent at Disney hotels.

Similar experience in Disney World. Didn’t like dumping the old company and paying more for ScooterBug but our ECV user wanted the bell service convenience. Will be trying the DLR version for our GCH stay next month. He has also said the scooters are slower*

*which is a good thing! He needed to be slowed down 😂

I've been triple billed by Scooterbug, so watch your credit card statements. I've had one battery die first day, took 6 hours for a replacement. I've had 1delivered to the wrong location and had to wait while they found another one to use (3 hours.). 3 for 3.

Does anyone know if you have to be present to receive a ScooterBug scooter at an offsite hotel? Can it be delivered prior to my arrival? We'll be at Hilton SunCoast Park Hotel on S. Clementine.

Hotels other than Disneyland Hotels, scooters will be dropped with the Bell desk of the hotel.

Just back from Disneyland- I used Select and just picked up at the BW and dropped off there as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter