DLH pool question

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I know the Disneyland hotel has a Neverland pool. Isn't there another pool? Are they both private? I'm stuck between GCH and DLH, and I'm trying to find every excuse possible to spend the extra $$ for GCH. :rotfl2:

Yep DLH has two pools, the other is the cove pool. Which has a beach type area to it. They are both private, only people staying at the hotel can swim there.

I'm not going to be of much help though. I really like both hotels. So I'd just say if you want to splurge and stay at GCH, go for it! :)

I'm partial to the DLH pool, but I have to say I haven't been to the GCH Pool. Either one I think you'll have fun :cool1:

I know there are a slides for the kiddies at the DLH pool with a little play area.

Here are some pictures.

Disneyland034.jpg

Disneyland035.jpg

While on a visit to DL a few weeks ago, My mom and I were browsing the DLR hotel pools. The GCH's is much more like "expensive" looking, as for the DLH I loved it.. because I LOVE PETER PAN.. but that's my opinion... I am hopefully taking a friend for her bday in Sept. and we may just splurge and stay at one of the resort hotels :) YAY! (i havent stayed at one in 10 yrs, that was when i was 6.. lol ...)

Have a magical day!

Pool at DLH is definitely more whimsical but GC, as a whole, can't be beat! Awesome resort!

I've never been to CGH but last week we were ta DLH and noted the following:

It was crowded both in the pool and on the deck. We couldn't even find a chair to sit in for the longest time.

It wasn't clean enough for our tastes by the afternoon evening. (I noticed three band aids two in the pool and one on the deck plus some other things)

The slide closes two hours before the pool (Pool 11-9) slide (11-7).

There are two slides one for babies and one for others. The pool was I believe 4.5 feet throughout.

Good luck deciding and have fun.

Oh yes, the pools at both hotels will be crowded during the hot summer months. But from our experience that's pretty common at all large hotels. A good tip is to go swimming when most people are packing the park. That's usually when we go back for our breaks anyway. Go for a swim, take a nap, and then hit the parks again when other people are out having dinner ect..

The pool last year at DLH was very clean, hopefully when we go that won't be an issue. I remember last year I lost my wedding ring in the water! With all these people swimming around making the water move. Oh my gosh I was so scared it was gone for good! Thankfully the water was clear enough to see it shimmering and my DH dove down for it. Next time I'm leaving my rings in the hotel room safe! LOL

I have stayed at the DLH and GCH and here is my .02! The GCH has a nice pool, my 11 year old son thought the slide was sorry, my 9 year old daughter thought it was pretty good but likes the DLH's better. We were at the GCH in mid June (as in two weeks ago) and its pool was packed! Took over one hour to get food so save yourself the tip and time and go to Whitewater Snacks yourself to get food. The DLH has Crocs bits n bites (self serve as is the bar, no waiters make their way around the DLH pool area that I know of) which is not as gourmet as Whitewater Snacks but is cheaper and tasty for a quick snack or lunch. DLH has more of a lifguard presence. We generally went to the smaller pool at GCH, no lifeguard but the main pool was so horribly crowded we couldn't find a square inch of space in the water, let alone a chair. I have never seen the DLH pool that crowded in my five stays there. I think the hot tub at the DLH is bigger. I have found both pool areas to be clean, especially given the amount of people/kids that swim there on a daily basis. I think the DLH pool is better personally, but it is fun to see some of the rides at DCA as a backdrop while at the GCH pool. As a hotel, GCH wins hands down for "wow" resort factor, convenience and amenitities. But I still love the DLH the most! GCH wins by a hair (from my experience) as far as customer service, they really make you feel like you are staying at a five star hotel with nightly turndown service and just a very upscale feel. The DLH makes you feel like you are at Disney however from the minute you walk through the door. I love them both about the same and will probably be torn about which one to stay next time we go to Disneyland!

Is it too cold to swim in anaheim in September??
We are staying at the Paradise Peir... and we are from AZ but we swim in december, actually year round, but it is way hot here... lol :lmao: ... Thought i'd ask! :rolleyes: :cool1:

Disneyland1084 said:
I'm stuck between GCH and DLH, and I'm trying to find every excuse possible to spend the extra $$ for GCH. :rotfl2:

If you really want to stay at the Grand Californian, then spend the extra money and stay there. Can you give up something the next few months to save money? Can you find a way to make some extra money? As the saying goes, Where there's a Will, There's a Way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter