• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLH, pool area, how much shade/umbrellas?

twinkletink

Earning My Ears
With the heat reaching blistering heights again next week, I am thinking we may be spending more time at the pools than the parks...which is a bummer, but I am OK with it. DD will love it and I don't want my mom over doing it.

Is there plenty of shade/umbrellas or will be just sitting in the sun, by the pool?

There are quite a few umbrellas but not sure how much competition you will have for them. It seemed there were more over by the slide area rather than the main pool. The cabanas (for rent) take up some room by the main pool.

There are quite a few umbrellas but not sure how much competition you will have for them. It seemed there were more over by the slide area rather than the main pool. The cabanas (for rent) take up some room by the main pool.

I found it to be the opposite Labor Day weekend. If it is hot and thus the pools are packed, it may be difficult to find a chair or an umbrella. I need to be in the shade and I was only able to find a bit of shade, no chair over by the washrooms.There were no chairs available with or without an umbrella.

The Labor Day weekend was really busy at the DLH pool with it being a long weekend and the 1/2 Marathon Weekend. Hopefully it will be a little bit quieter when you go. Your best bet would be to try the area over by the slides.

I've read reports that the hotel's capacity has been 90% regularly, regardless of special events or holidays when it has been 100%. I kind of feel that the pool area is not large enough to support all the people that are wanting to use it on a very hot day.
Or maybe I'm just ticked that the lifeguards weren't supporting the saving chairs rule. :mad: Earlier that day I viewed people out our window put towels on chairs and then just leave the pool area.
We had to just leave our things on the ground and stay in the pool (no shade) cause there was no where to sit! We arrived at the pool at about 2. There were chairs available starting at around 4.

My family was at DLH mid August, and it was hot and the pool was v busy. There are a good number of umbrellas but certainly not enough for everyone who would want one on a hot day. When we went down to the pool for our midday break (around 1pm) there were a few chairs available but never with an umbrella until late in the afternoon (4pm or 5pm). We had a cabana for our first afternoon at the hotel, and that was heavenly as we had plenty of shade all to ourselves but it was not cheap (around $115 for a half day which was from 1pm to 6pm if I am remembering correctly)

What I found frustrating were the people who would leave and wouldn't bother taking their towel with them so it was hard to tell if someone was still sitting there. Is it really that hard to take your towel with you? The hotels can't make it any easier.....they have the bins by every exit! What we did on the really busy days was look around the chairs to see if there were any personal items and then ask the person sitting next to those chairs if anyone was using them. We did this a couple of times and each time they had already left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter