DLH Cabana food/drink menu and walk from GCH?

Gothemi

Mouseketeer
Don't suppose anybody has a photo or any information on the food and drink menu for the cabanas at DLH? This will be our first cabana rental so I've been searching the forums for information but couldn't find much about the food. I understand some food comes from Tangaroa Terrace but it might be a limited menu? Nothing would please me more than some fried green beans by the pool.

We are staying at the GCH but got a cabana (by choice for my little one) at DLH. What do you think is the quickest walking path from GCH to DLH? I was thinking right out the front door of GCH, through the parking lot next to AMC and between the Adventure and Frontier towers at DLH. Thoughts?

Your walking path is correct. As for the menu, it is pretty much similar to Tangaroa Terrace and trader Sam's. It will be in the book in the cabana.

The thing to remember if you are drinking is that they will also bring you drinks from Trader Sam's. I once ordered a mai tai and they asked me if I wanted a "pool" mai tai or a "tiki" mai tai, by which they meant the authentic mai tais served there. (The "pool" mai tai is just cheap rum poured into cheap fruit juice.) Don't be afraid to ask for your favorite tiki drink, they will hook you up!

I can personally report that they do serve the green beans in the DLH cabanas. I ordered them last time we were there, this last August. :) As well as the rest of the Trader Sam's/T Terrace menu.

The thing to remember if you are drinking is that they will also bring you drinks from Trader Sam's.
This is true. I've never rented a cabana, but the regular servers at the pool will bring you drinks from TS. There's a catch though, you have to ask for it and know the drinks you want. The rules might be different for the cabana servers, but when we asked the server about drinks from TS they said they can do it, but they're not allowed to offer it outright or tell you about the menu. I suppose they don't want to encourage too many people to order from TS (maybe the bar tenders wouldn't be able to keep up). So take a look at the Trader Sam's menu ahead of time so you know what to ask for. Although as I said, the cabana servers might not have the same rules.

Thank you for the info! My wife is happy you mentioned the Mai Tai's Alvernon90 as that is the only thing she wants lol. I'm happy to hear about the green beans. Getting excited now.

When are you staying?

We just stayed at GCH and had a cabana at DLH - they are still offering the shuttle since not all the pools are open at GCH. The shuttle was super easy and quick :)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/matts-2017-spring-dapper-day-trip-report.3602213/page-3

Just talked about it in my TR. The full menu from Sams'/TT including the drink menu is available in the cabana (or anywhere at the pool actually). We LOVE the cabana and try to do it every trip. #2 is "our" cabana, but #1 would probably work as well.

As far as the path to get there, we just go out where you pull into the grand at the light, cross, cross again to get to the north side of the street, and then follow it down to the round about, cross there, walk by the rose garden and cut between the Adventureland and Frontierland towers.

can you adopt me please? sounds like a fantastic time!

I just gotta say, getting a cabana is a must for us if doing the DLH pool now. We didn't get one back in November and regretted it even though it was just 3 of us.

Oh, I would totally be doing the cabana if I was staying in one of the hotels, I looked up the prices ( and if correct @ $110/ half day & $180/ full day ), that's totally worth it!
it's actually the paying $100/s per night at the DL hotels that would actually hurt, but having done cabanas in Vegas for alot more $$, I completely understand the appeal.
Do it! and have fun I say.

Just a heads up, we have a cabana for July, and it was $180 for a half day, and $259 for a full day. Prices change during warmer seasons.

Oh, I would totally be doing the cabana if I was staying in one of the hotels, I looked up the prices ( and if correct @ $110/ half day & $180/ full day ), that's totally worth it!
it's actually the paying $100/s per night at the DL hotels that would actually hurt, but having done cabanas in Vegas for alot more $$, I completely understand the appeal.
Don't forget the $200 bar tab/food bill. ;)

I just booked a full day in July and it's $280 with taxes.

Last edited:
No, we are going in late december thru the WDW Half Marathon. Younger son is running Dopey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter