DLH Air Conditioning Question

Ldat7

Earning My Ears
We are looking to do a possible last minute trip next month for Galaxy's Edge and if so, would stay onsite. DLH rates are looking much better than GCH. We stayed at the DLH last year, and while I didn't have any huge issues with the hotel, DH thought the A/C was less than desirable. We were in the Adventure tower (5th floor, all the way at the end in a small king room) and had the A/C on pretty frequently. It still seemed kind of stuffy, and we tried to keep the drapes closed while we were away. We probably should have gone and talked to the front desk about it, but were having too much of a good time in the parks and by the time we got back to the room we were pooped.

Have others experienced bad A/C while staying at the DLH? I'm trying to convince DH to stay there next month, but he's afraid we will have a stuffy/hot room again. He's wondering if we should try a premium view at PPH instead.

Stayed at DLH recently. Fantasy Tower. I would not say the room was hot or stuffy at all. I like it on the cold side and the room was a little warm when I first walked in, but I turned down the AC and it cooled off as expected. No complaints. I would say that it wasn't possible to make the room into a total icebox like you can at some hotel rooms, if that's what you're looking for. So, no issues here, but comfortable temps are pretty subjective.

Stayed at DLH recently. Fantasy Tower. I would not say the room was hot or stuffy at all. I like it on the cold side and the room was a little warm when I first walked in, but I turned down the AC and it cooled off as expected. No complaints. I would say that it wasn't possible to make the room into a total icebox like you can at some hotel rooms, if that's what you're looking for. So, no issues here, but comfortable temps are pretty subjective.
Same experience three weeks ago.

I know the rooms you speak of in the Adventureland tower. I’ve stayed in the 2nd floor version of that room. It was by far the worst room I’ve ever stayed in at DLH. But, I’ve never had a/c issues. I think it’s pretty unlikely that you’d have another issue this time.

Thermostats at the DL Resort hotels have motion sensors and will go into Eco mode when you leave regardless of what you leave the room set at. Once they kick back in they are usually fine, but may be a bit "stuffy" when you walk back in at first.

The cause is the motion sensor. It doesn't see movement, so it doesn't kick on til ou are back in the room.

There is a fix. Some people put a mylar balloon in the room, and its movement will keep it on.

But easier is just (on the thermostat) hit the "Power" button and the "Down" button at the same time. The letters "bP" will appear and the system is now bypassed for 24 hours. I do it each morning. This works in other hotels also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter