DL & US experts...trying to decide which park for part of an extra day?

Lucky'sMom

DIS Veteran
We spent 3 days at DL/DCA 2 summers ago and have never been to US Hollywood (but have done WDW and US Orlando many times). I have one "travel" day in between one day at US (no express pass -price is $260 in July!) and 2 days in DL/DCA. I will have dropped off the rental car already and am planning on getting a car service for the ride between US and DL. I am debating adding a partial park day on this "travel" day. Should I get a 2nd day at US, since I won't have express pass or a 3rd day for DL? Or neither and just sleep in and visit Downtown Disney on the "travel" day? Thanks so much!

Agree with the pp. I would add a third day at DL. It's always nice to have an extra day to revisit favorite rides/shops/restaurants from the previous two days.

Third day at DL. You can definitely do everything in a day at US, it's a very small park.

I didn't even know US had Express Pass. It's definitely not needed. We did all of US in about 5 hours last August, and that included MULTIPLE rides on Forbidden Journey.

I'd add a half day at DCA.

I would add a day and turn it into a park hopper. Pixar Pier opens June 23, so, it might be nice to go over to DL when things are to crazy. If you are getting MaxPass, you would like having park hoppers.
Whatever you do, have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter