• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL tickets and reservations - April 15!

i don’t think it will. I think some ToD folks probably want to shop dtd before going into dca.

I know some did for sure and to do the easter egg hunt as well when that was running.

Also something to factor in is if they raise the price of parking back up to normal for DTD. That could have an impact on how many are even coming for DTD at all if it suddenly costs more than $10 all day to park.

Just checked, Disney hasn't specified the times, but I'm assuming since the park opens at 9am, that is when the boarding reservations go live or a few minutes before at the earliest. Then if you have a park hopper, you are able to also try for the second boarding round, which could be whenever they decide- this is based on whether you already got a boarding group for the first round already
Given the wording I think it’s going to be at 7am like WDW. And the second drop will either be at 12pm, 1pm, or 2pm.

I know some did for sure and to do the easter egg hunt as well when that was running.

Also something to factor in is if they raise the price of parking back up to normal for DTD. That could have an impact on how many are even coming for DTD at all if it suddenly costs more than $10 all day to park.
I think it’s going to revert back to the regular parking situation at the dtd lot since I think Disney is going to be charging $25/car at M&F.

Given the wording I think it’s going to be at 7am like WDW. And the second drop will either be at 12pm, 1pm, or 2pm.
Oh, that's right. I was thinking it'll be at opening too. That's NOT how WDW is doing it now...totally blanked on that they are dropping virtually at 7am anywhere, but can't get the comfirmed because no reservation.

The DL app does have the new boarding group section set for ROTR. --- this will be interesting indeed. Trying to pull a boarding pass at 7AM while driving up on 4/30 for opening. Hmm.

Oh I'm aware of the times :) I'm just wondering out loud how they are going to run it's never been done outside park or creating a party across the new ticket registration/reservation system before at DLR -- both brand new. Before it was need to be in park and the party linking was with scanned in tickets.

With WDW it is now with reservation that day instead of scanned in ticket; but the party system is very different than DL linking.

They're basically going to use the same software to operate the DL system for ROTR. People at WDW currently have to link their tickets together on the WDW app. People at DL will have to do the same.

So if you're meeting a couple of friends at DL on a particular day and you all want to ride ROTR together, what you'll have to do is link your tickets to each others in the DL app. Ideally, you'd do this before the ROTR Boarding Group release/drop time. Well, essentially, you HAVE to do it that way or else you won't get a boarding group together.

It's do-able. People have been doing it at WDW for months. It's really easy to do if your group is just your immediate family. It's a little trickier if your group includes people outside your immediate family unit. But it's achievable.

Trouble - Something happened on the DL app - you CANNOT link non-primary tickets anymore. I've tried many times over - no joy. Only primary tickets on the account can be linked/scanned.
I think this is because of covid. Your basically stuck with your travel party.

Trouble - Something happened on the DL app - you CANNOT link non-primary tickets anymore. I've tried many times over - no joy. Only primary tickets on the account can be linked/scanned.

I don't understand what you mean by non-primary tickets.

I have to say I'm shocked. I thought everything would be sold out through June right away.
Weekends for Disneyland are all gone already through mid-June and first two weekends in June look all booked unless you're paying $800 per room stay at GCH. --- that's not bad for the mouse charging nearly x2 of Universal prices.

Let's see what this week does to the rest of the sales of tickets for the week.

I'm sure if they start worrying; a multi-day use ticket for California residents a la SoCal ticket will be offered as the next lever to pull in sales.

I still find it amazing to see 10s of thousands of people dropping $200 per ticket and $800 night rooms.

Weekends for Disneyland are all gone already through mid-June and first two weekends in June look all booked unless you're paying $800 per room stay at GCH. --- that's not bad for the mouse charging nearly x2 of Universal prices.

I'm sure if they start worrying; a multi-day use ticket for California residents a la SoCal ticket will be offered as the next lever to pull in sales.

I still find it amazing to see 10s of thousands of people dropping $200 per ticket and $800 night rooms.

Not all gone. There's still most weekend days available via PH (but most of those do require starting at DCA with a couple that still have DL start availability). And it's been fluctuating with even totally sold out days showing availability as people cancel reservations and rebook.

Just remember that no one has yet actually completed one of those hotel stays. Many people will have buyers remorse and cancel the reservation. Not totally ruling it out even for myself yet.

All good points @Kender and @DLgal. My point is enough people paying top premium prices and pulling the trigger to reach several capacity limits on 1 day one park for Disneyland.

Hoper DCA to DL has been the slow laggard as usual. Days of ROTR heavily reflected this with DCA a ghost town for the first hour.

It's nice to see it reversed at least for Jun 4 with only DL 1 day available!

All good points @Kender and @DLgal. My point is enough people paying top premium prices and pulling the trigger to reach several capacity limits on 1 day one park for Disneyland.

Hoper DCA to DL has been the slow laggard as usual. Days of ROTR heavily reflected this with DCA a ghost town for the first hour.

It's nice to see it reversed at least for Jun 4 with only DL 1 day available!

It's oddly entertaining watching how things shift around! It's not behaving at all like I would have expected.

I'm very interested to see what the calendar looks like as we get closer to opening too.

I really thought the first two weeks would sell out immediately. I didn't count on them charging Tier 5 price for the whole thing, especially the weekdays on week two. I can't imagine there are that many people left who would pay full price for a capacity-limited day that the park closes two hours early.
True; and the only real way Disney is going to get out that Tier 5 jam is to offer a multi-day use ticket that's not subject to 13day limit. -- AKA Socal Ticket.

Add a 3 day multi-use over 60 days ticket with blackout on Memorial, July 4th and Labor day. I can see people buying that to fill up the first two weeks and then come again in June/July. I would :)

They might not want to sell a no limit So Cal ticket if, as expected, California opens up to out of state nonresidents. Depending on demand, those are the people more willing to purchase an expensive ticket with a 13 day limit.

They really may have shot themselves in the foot by maintaining that 14 day use window on multi day tickets. I mean, we would have bought 5 day hoppers instead and that would have meant 5 days visiting the parks and spending money vs the 2 days we did actually buy.

They should at least relax that restriction if they aren't going to offer annual passes anytime soon. Otherwise they will never sell out those weekday dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter