• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL tickets and reservations - April 15!

Sadly likely won't work. Two different issues. The ToD tickets were just not appearing for some after the update, but were still linked. With the DLR tickets, they won't link at all to a secondary account like normal. I tried from the app and from the website. I just get a notice that I can't link the tickets because they're "already linked to another account as owner" along with a general error message. I still see them in the owner account (my account; the one that purchased them).

Something is just sideways with Disney IT. Like usual :rotfl:
Yeah the update disabled the ability to link non-primary tickets to the account. I do wonder how that's going to play into the rotr boarding parties with multiple households.

Yeah the update disabled the ability to link non-primary tickets to the account. I do wonder how that's going to play into the rotr boarding parties with multiple households.

I didn't get the app update yet :confused3 . So seems to just be universal.

If it's by design, it's problematic, that's for sure. It's not a big deal for me because it's just two tickets, but there were people who bought for others and may or may not be going together.

It's really fascinating watching the availability calendar. With the chaos of Thursday, it really seemed like we wouldn't be seeing what we are right now. There's still plenty available (especially if you can go on a weekday).

I imagine it's several reasons causing this rather than just any one reason. I'm pleased to see there's still quite a bit available.

I'll be very interested to hear how April 30 goes (along with subsequent dates), though. And how reservations look the closer we get to reopening.

It's really fascinating watching the availability calendar. With the chaos of Thursday, it really seemed like we wouldn't be seeing what we are right now. There's still plenty available (especially if you can go on a weekday).

I imagine it's several reasons causing this rather than just any one reason. I'm pleased to see there's still quite a bit available.

I'll be very interested to hear how April 30 goes (along with subsequent dates), though. And how reservations look the closer we get to reopening.
Do you think this might reflect in the overall attendance on openign weekend? For example, it won't be as busy when it comes to lines?

Do you think this might reflect in the overall attendance on openign weekend? For example, it won't be as busy when it comes to lines?

I'm not sure. I feel like anything could happen really. My biggest concern is the esplanade with both parks opening at the same time. They've had to let people in for ToD before even M&F is open for people to park :confused3 . And that's just DCA.

My hope is we're looking at maybe special event level of lines? But that's hard to judge since many of those are often in line for rare characters rather than rides. I'm hoping it's reasonable, though. I don't even want to make a real guess because I'm sure it'll be wrong lol

I'm not sure. I feel like anything could happen really. My biggest concern is the esplanade with both parks opening at the same time. They've had to let people in for ToD before even M&F is open for people to park :confused3 . And that's just DCA.

My hope is we're looking at maybe special event level of lines? But that's hard to judge since many of those are often in line for rare characters rather than rides. I'm hoping it's reasonable, though. I don't even want to make a real guess because I'm sure it'll be wrong lol
I don't want to guess or have expectations either. I don't want to spoil the day with disappointments brought on by me! I'm just grateful to be going!

I don't want to guess or have expectations either. I don't want to spoil the day with disappointments brought on by me! I'm just grateful to be going!

That's my take on things too and why I enjoyed ToD so much: zero expectations. A life lesson I learned from Episode 1 when I was 14. You can't be disappointed if you expect nothing :rotfl:

I know I'm going to have a blast the two days I'm going regardless of what things are like. There are things I'll miss, but it will still be Disney and Disney is more than what's on the surface for many of us.

"It's little and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Perhaps this was posted earlier, but it's clear that they are holding space back for park hoppers. June 6th, 9th, and 12th are sold out for single day tickets, but available for PH with DCA as the first park.

I think some of that was caused by downtown Disney opening before the event started. My guess is it will be like it is at wdw. They open parking an hour before the parks. The gates usually open 30-45 minutes before official park open and there is no rope drop. They start loading queues when the park opens and usually the rides start running before official open.

I think some of that was caused by downtown Disney opening before the event started. My guess is it will be like it is at wdw. They open parking an hour before the parks. The gates usually open 30-45 minutes before official park open and there is no rope drop. They start loading queues when the park opens and usually the rides start running before official open.

Good point! That did allow for a difference in crowds we may not have seen if they opened at the same time. Harder to tell who parked in Simba, a local hotel, or had a local hotel for those that arrived prior to 11:30am.

I do wonder if DTD opening at the same time (except April 30) will still have an impact, though? Or if the fact it won't have been open for a couple hours already like with ToD will be enough to keep things less... crazy? Also I wonder about people getting through to go to DTD considering they had most of it blocked off for lines for ToD.

April 30 and May 1 especially will be interesting to hear about as they happen.

Twice a day. Once at around 9am and then again around 1pm.
Oh I'm aware of the times :) I'm just wondering out loud how they are going to run it's never been done outside park or creating a party across the new ticket registration/reservation system before at DLR -- both brand new. Before it was need to be in park and the party linking was with scanned in tickets.

With WDW it is now with reservation that day instead of scanned in ticket; but the party system is very different than DL linking.

Oh I'm aware of the times :) I'm just wondering out loud how they are going to run it's never been done outside park or creating a party across the new ticket registration/reservation system before at DLR -- both brand new. Before it was need to be in park and the party linking was with scanned in tickets.

With WDW it is now with reservation that day instead of scanned in ticket; but the party system is very different than DL linking.
Oh, you are so right!!! Greta question!

Good point! That did allow for a difference in crowds we may not have seen if they opened at the same time. Harder to tell who parked in Simba, a local hotel, or had a local hotel for those that arrived prior to 11:30am.

I do wonder if DTD opening at the same time (except April 30) will still have an impact, though? Or if the fact it won't have been open for a couple hours already like with ToD will be enough to keep things less... crazy? Also I wonder about people getting through to go to DTD considering they had most of it blocked off for lines for ToD.

April 30 and May 1 especially will be interesting to hear about as they happen.
i don’t think it will. I think some ToD folks probably want to shop dtd before going into dca.

Are we sure it’s 9am. If they are following the wdw model it will be at 7am.
Just checked, Disney hasn't specified the times, but I'm assuming since the park opens at 9am, that is when the boarding reservations go live or a few minutes before at the earliest. Then if you have a park hopper, you are able to also try for the second boarding round, which could be whenever they decide- this is based on whether you already got a boarding group for the first round already

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter