DL Southern Cal 4 day Escape vs 6 day

lmb80129

Mouseketeer
If you have done the 4 day Disneyland and Southern California escape recently, were you happy with the trip or did you leave wishing you had done the 6 day? What do you do on day 2 at the Studios/Archives that takes a full day? We have been to Los Angeles and Disneyland more times than we can count but we are interested in the Studio tours and Imagineering. I think we would be happy with the 4 day trip if it included Imagineering but it is not on the schedule for next spring. I appreciate any feedback on the Disneyland trips to help us decide!

If you have done the 4 day Disneyland and Southern California escape recently, were you happy with the trip or did you leave wishing you had done the 6 day? What do you do on day 2 at the Studios/Archives that takes a full day? We have been to Los Angeles and Disneyland more times than we can count but we are interested in the Studio tours and Imagineering. I think we would be happy with the 4 day trip if it included Imagineering but it is not on the schedule for next spring. I appreciate any feedback on the Disneyland trips to help us decide!
The 4-day Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape does not go to Imagineering. Since you are staying at the Grand Californian the whole time vs splitting your time between a hotel in Hollywood & one at the Disneyland Resort as the 6-day does, you have to travel all the way from Anaheim to the Studios and back that day, so there really isn't time to do both the Studios and Imagineering. If you want to see Imagineering, you'll have to do the full 6-day Adventure.

They do fit in a meal at the Tam O'Shanter on your Studios day on the 4-day trip, which they do on a separate day with Jim Henson Studios and Hollywood on the 6-day trip.

Sayhello

Last edited:

We did the 6-day tour in August - not going to Imagineering on the 4-day was an absolute deal breaker for me. I highly recommend doing the tour that includes Imagineering - it was definitely one of the highlights of the trip.

I don't know what the current itinerary is. On my 4 day trip, we did visit Imagineering, but perhaps that has changed.
That's interesting! I didn't think it had ever included Imagineering. My bad!

Sayhello

I did the 6 day version in May and loved it. The way the trip is designed really helps lead up to everything you're doing at Disneyland both thematically and from a "here's Walt's path through Hollywood" historical perspective. I also loved getting to know my fellow trip goers in more private, relaxed places like the Studios before being dumped into the crowds of the parks. I can't tell you definitively that it's worth the extra money to you personally, but for me? Absolutely.

I have done the 6 day version twice, and am going again next year in July.
I have not done the 4 day, so I can't directly compare it.

The highlights for me are:
Imagineering
Disney Studios
Jim Henson Studios
The special behind the scenes things you do at Disneyland/DCA (we have done backstage Soarin, backstage Indiana Jones, backstage Radiator Springs).
Being the only park guests in front of the castle in the morning.

The lowlights for me:
The Hollywood Day (you can do almost all of this by yourself pretty easily) (except for the Jim Henson tour)
The Batuu experience we had on the second trip was subpar (we were there within a couple weeks of it opening, and it wasn't that great, it's not like that anymore though).

The meh:
The "VIP" seating you get at any of the spectaculars is not anything special. In both trips I have been on, they just reserve part of the street, and have you sit on the ground (i.e. no VIP chairs). It's a good view though.
The bus ride from LA to Anaheim and LA Traffic, but that is mostly out of their control.

The sad part:
On the first trip, we were able to visit the 1901 club in Carthay Circle (like Club 33 in DL). Pretty sure they don't do that anymore.

If the 4 day is no longer including Imagineering, and you've never seen it, I would definitely recommend going with 6 day.

Last edited:
We went on the 6 day and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life! I highly recommend it!! We plan on doing it again at some point, it was that great!!

The current 4 day trip does not have Imagineering listed, although I think it used to. It used to It looks like they do a later breakfast than in the past, then just the studios and archives, then a late lunch/early dinner at the Tam O'Shanter before coming back for an evening in the parks.

A quick list of things you get to do on the 6 day you don't have time for on the 4 day:

• Historic Hollywood Theater Tour
  • Henson Studios
  • Other activities in Hollywood, varies by tour
  • Imagineering
  • An extra day of behind the scenes experiences at Disneyland (these can vary so much I don't really want to name specific ones)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter